Chapter 16

Jean's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe how self-conscious Cassidy had become. I had been going through her thoughts ever since Jubilee started talking about the date and I could tell she was really worried that she wasn't good enough for Warren. I knew that wasn't the case and I had a plan to fix her mindset and get her confidence back, but it involved the boys. Jubilee was certainly not helping by trying to get Cassidy to wear skimpy outfits. I knew, for a fact, that Warren loved her sweet and caring personality. Back at the store, I could tell Cassidy would have rather worn the outfit that I chose for her.

1. Because it was going to be cold the following day, and

2. it was her style.

I had rounded up all of the boys and was going to explain the plan to them. We had decided to meet in Scott's room since we couldn't go back to mine. I wasn't going to risk bumping into Cassidy or Jubilee.

"So, why'd you call us here, Jean?" Scott asked

The boys were all sitting down and I was standing in front of them ready to explain my expert plan

"Well, remember how we're supposed to go to the arcade tomorrow in order to let Cassidy and Warren have their first date?"

Everyone, except for Peter, nodded. He just pressed his lips into a thin line. Peter had told me so many times that he had feelings for Cassidy and I could tell that her dating Warren was bothering him. I know that he agreed to be friendly with Warren for her sake but I could sense that, deep down, he could explode at any moment.

I continued explaining, "Well, Jubilee and I took Cassidy shopping for a new outfit. Jubilee picked something that was totally out of Cassidy's comfort zone. It's a really skimpy short skirt and a crop top"

"Not to mention it's like 30 degrees outside" Peter chimed in, a worried expression on his face "She's going to freeze"

"Exactly. Anyway, Cassidy was already nervous about the date, but Jubilee is just making matters worse. She keeps making Cassidy think that she isn't good enough for you, Warren. Which totally isn't the case, right?" I asked, turning towards him

"Of course not. I don't ever want to make her feel like she's not good enough for me. She's absolutely perfect and nothing could change that" Warren responded, his brows furrowed

He looked concerned about Cassidy, and I was glad to know that he cared about her so much. Part of me was torn between who she should truly be with. Peter had known Cassidy for longer, but I could tell that she had a special connection with Warren and I didn't want anything to get in the way of that.

"Maybe she wouldn't feel that way if you didn't always push her away" Peter gave Warren an angry look as he basically barked the words at him.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Warren snarled, turning towards Peter

"Yeah, I thought you two were over this" Scott said, stepping in between the two boys to prevent the fight from escalating any further

"I-I am," Peter said after a long moment of silence

I definitely didn't believe Peter at all, but there was no time to dwell on the past. I needed the boys to work together if my plan was going to work.

"Here's the deal. I have a plan to fix that. Is everyone in?" I asked, trying to get the conversation back on track.

Everyone nodded.

"You might not like this, Warren, but in the end, it will help Cassidy," I assured him

Warren just gave a curt nod.

"Alright, first things first, we need to keep Jubilee far away from Cassidy. I know she only wants to help, but she's doing more harm than good right now. Next, Scott, you'll need an excuse as to why you'll be late. Okay?"

Once I finished explaining the plan, we all put our hands together.

"Operation 'Save Cassidy' on 3," Peter said

I chuckled, 'We're not technically saving Cassidy...but sure"

"1. 2. 3." Peter counted

"Save Cassidy!" We all cheered in unison

I just hoped that this plan wouldn't backfire.

A/N:

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 16 of Archangel! This story has reached 10K reads which is absolutely amazing to me. Thank you all so much for reading my story and feel free to vote or comment if you like it. Have a great day : )

- edited 6/1/20 -