Ch. 53- He's Not The Villain He Appears to Be

Jin's POV

Shouji and I broke off from the rest of the group, and now it was just the two of us.

Admittedly, I'm still pretty scared around Shouji. There's just... something about him that never sat right with me. I'm still not sure what it is...

So you hate him?

What? No! He seems... pretty nice but... there's just something.

You don't trust him.

Yes!

But you trust everyone else?

..Yes?

What makes him different? Why do you hate him so much?? All that he and his friends have done for you, yet you still don't like him?!

I never said I didn't like him!! He's just kind of unsettling!!

"Jin, I understand you find comfort in wearing a mask, but maybe we should get you a new one? Your current one could give away your identity as a familiar villain."

"I'd rather keep this one.."
"We can get me a few backups, though!" I say, my current mask thankfully hiding my expression for the most part. I could feel the muscles in my face tightened into a nervous look, especially as he stared at me menacingly for a prolonged amount of time, before shrugging and looking back ahead of him. I let out an internal sigh of relief.

He feels so menacing! But why???

I really wish Shuichi was here, normally when I get super freaked out he would let me run my hands along his scales... they were stimulating and calming...

Shouji's done nothing wrong.

I know..

Despite my weird distrust of Shouji, he led me into a shop he frequented. It's mainly for mutant-type quirks, and that's why they have such a large array of masks. Masks for people with snouts, multiple eyes, no lashes, etc etc.

"A lot of these masks cater to mutants, but some are for standard faces. Just find one you like and bring it to me. I'll pay for it." Shouji gives me a simple thumbs off and wanders to a section filled with tank tops.

Turning around to look at mannequin heads of masks and pictures of what they had on display, I scanned my eyes over them to see what I liked. I want something not too eyecatching...

Get that one.

What? No.

Why not??

It's bright fucking red and is covered in rhinestones.

Loserrrr

I mainly picked ones that looked the most like mine. Simply two-colored with white eyeholes. I'd only need about two or three more than the current one I have, so it shouldn't take too long too find them.

But, each one I picked up just didn't feel right.. I mean, I'd be perfectly fine with wearing them. They all look fine.. but the fact that I need to wear a mask still felt so.. pathetic.