Chapter 17

Cassidy's P.O.V.

That night, Jean came back pretty late and said that she was just talking with the boys to make sure everything was set for tomorrow. Jubilee and I just shrugged and went back to talking about random stuff. Since I was going to stay in their room that night, they pulled out lots of extra blankets and pillows and let me sleep on the bean-bag chair.

The next morning, I woke up still extremely nervous. I put on the outfit that Jubilee had picked out the day before and began to get ready. Despite my protests, Jubilee put an excessive amount of makeup on me. She gave me a smokey eye, burgundy lipstick, and a champagne pop highlight. She straightened my hair even more than it already was, and deemed me ready.

I looked in the mirror and was met with a reflection that didn't look anything like me. I hoped that in Warren's eyes, I would look nice and not like some dumb slut just trying to impress him.

Once everyone was ready to leave, I saw that Jean had brought a whole backpack whereas Jubilee and I had only brought purses. Normally, I would just bring my small wallet that I can just fit in the back pocket of my jeans, but the skirt didn't have pockets, so I was forced to borrow a purse from Jubilee.

"Why do you have a backpack, Jean?" I asked as she opened the door for me

She shrugged, "I just want to be prepared, I guess"

I just nodded, trying not to overthink her answer too much as we headed out to meet the boys. The arcade wasn't too far of a walk, but I was dreading it. These high heel boots were uncomfortable already and I hadn't even walked in them for five minutes. I had also begged Jubilee to let me wear a jacket because it was cold, but she refused, saying that it would ruin the look.

We finally arrived in the commons and Warren's brows furrowed when he saw me. He made his way over to us and whispered something in Jean's ear. She just nodded and whispered something back.

"See? He's speechless" Jubilee said excitedly in my ear and then winked when Warren turned back to me

"Cassidy...what are you wearing?" He asked, his face twisted in confusion

Well, that was not the reaction I was expecting. I immediately crossed my arms trying to cover myself, feeling more self-conscious than ever. Warren hated the way I looked and it made me want to go back to my room and cancel the whole thing. Everything had backfired. He probably didn't even want to go on a date with me anymore.

Jubilee came over to me and pried my hands off, "She wanted to look hot for you. Do you like it?"

"I don't know...it's not really Cassidy's style," Warren said, his voice slightly hesitant

He actually looked concerned that I had worn this outfit. I didn't realize I looked that bad.

"Wait, guys where's Scott?" Jean asked, making me forget all about Warren's reaction

"Oh, he said he'll be a little late. He forgot something in his room and had to go back and get it. He told us to go on without him and he would catch up." Kurt said

"Ok, I guess we'll just meet him there then" Jean smiled

It wasn't like Scott to be late for things, but I just shrugged it off and tried to focus on being more confident. This was my first official date with Warren and the last thing I wanted was for it to be a total disaster.

"Everyone ready?" Peter asked, nodding his head towards the door.

A few minutes into the walk, I began shivering. Jubilee had definitely underestimated how cold it would be outside. I was so frustrated at her for not letting me bring a jacket and forcing me to wear this outfit. Warren noticed I was extremely cold and wrapped his arms around me, trying to keep me warm. I wish that we could just teleport with Kurt to the mall, but he couldn't take all of us at once and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the group.