a good hero | night nine.

❛ a good hero | night nine ༉‧₊˚✧

────────────────────────

"hey, dumbass."

bakugou raised his brow at you. he'd hate to say that he actually noted your behavior on a day to day basis, but it was the only reason he was able to tell something was off with you. especially tonight.

no teases. laughing. jokes.

you'd been like this all day, but he didn't like the fact you were acting like this during this hour. he raised a brow at your still form, slightly confused with himself as to why he was even allowing you to lay on his bed.

never would he ever allow it again.

"are you gonna fucking talk?" bakugou growled, and rolled his eyes, now irritated by your depressive state.

"can i ask you something? apart from what i just asked..." you said, turning on your side to face the ash blond who laid on his back, holding his cards eye level.

you hadn't even picked up the cards he dealt for you.

"fuck no." he muttered, then glanced over at you and groaned. he really hated himself for giving in. hopefully he didn't regret it. but with you, he came to the conclusion it was possible to regret everything he's ever done. "fine."

"do you think i could become a top hero in the future?" you asked quietly.

"shut up." bakugou growled, sitting up and staring at his cards more intensely. now he was pissed. you, however couldn't see why. it was a genuine, honest question.

but how could bakugou understand? an arrogant edgy teenager with a quirk just made for a pro hero? he probably never doubted himself.

"no, im serious." you said in an even smaller voice. you sat up to stare at him, pursing your lips.

"did someone say some shit?"

"no. its just, i dont think-"

"if you don't think you can, then what the fuck are you doing here?" bakugou said angrily, red eyes narrowing their gaze on you. "im not gonna answer your shitty question. why should my opinion matter? not believing you're gonna make it yourself fucking makes you weaker than your opponent and competition. even shitty deku thinks he's gonna be the number one hero. so now you're below him. and i dont wanna spend time with someone below fucking deku."

not exactly what you expected, but you couldn't say you were surprised either. you groaned, "you're right." you puffed out your cheeks. "i guess i can't be a top hero afterall-"

"yeah, not with that stupid fucking attitude. you sound weak. you can't be a good hero if you don't think you can be one. who'll believe you're the number one hero if you can't believe it yourself, idiot." he shook his head, rearranging his cards. "you really are a dumbass if you always think like this."

you didn't know if it was mean or encouraging, and you were leaning towards encouraging. for bakugou, at least. he was right, wasn't he? if you didn't believe it yourself... well who would spend their precious time believing in someone who couldn't believe themselves?

perhaps, you would die from what you said next.

"...can i hug you?"

bakugou's face tightened for a second before he realized you were serious. he clicked his tongue and aimed his gaze elswhere. "tch. i won't hug you back-"

you quickly wrapped your arms around his neck, "it's fine." you said quietly. "i think i really just needed a slap to the face."

...

"a slap to the face? if that's what you think you need, i'll blow your face off for you."

"i-" you laughed a little and you could feel him chuckle at least twice near your ear.

you pulled away from him and stood up quickly, patting down your night clothes with a small smile. "im going to bed now."

bakugou frowned, looking at you weirdly. "hey dumbass, we didn't play a shitty game yet."

you nodded, "i know... im tired."

"you're always fucking tired. get over it or some shit."

you smiled humming lightly, "kay, goodnight, katuski. you win this round."

"tch. whatever."

-