01 | Dear Hoseok, I love you

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

~ ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ ~

Sitting on a bench, Y/n was staring at the grey cat roaming around the quiet park. The temperature was low, causing her freezing body to shiver, yet she wouldn't budge. She had been waiting in the same position for twenty minutes now, half an hour prior to the end of soccer practice. She checked her wristwatch and realized it was seven o'clock already.

Stress began to consume her whole being as she thought of a way to call him without sounding aggressive nor eager. Earlier, Sun had advised her to be straightforward and confident. "He looks like the submissive type; he'll love it if you show him you're in charge." Recalling her friend's words, she sighed. The (h/c)-haired girl wasn't sure of how it might help, but she still decided to listen to Sun and opt for the bold approach.

Suddenly, she heard laughter from afar. The park was big and had many trees, making it difficult for anyone to have a view of whatever was located outside of it. Still, she recognized the male voices getting closer: the soccer team. She took a deep breath and rose from the bench. Four boys were walking together, one of them being the team's captain: Jung Hoseok.

Heart racing and palms sweaty, she timidly walked towards the small group. Surprised by her presence, they stopped dead in their tracks. Apart from Hoseok ; Hanchul, Taehyung, and Minho were there, eyeing her as if she were some kind of alien.

"(Y/n)," the captain's soothing voice called out to the shy girl's name "What are you doing here?"

The confidence she aimed for never came. As she realized how weird the situation was, she blushed and looked down, unable to meet his sparkling eyes. She regretted doing that.

"I–huh–wanted to–"

"Hey, you okay?"

This time, Minho was the one to speak. He glanced at her with a concerned look, wondering if she felt sick. As sole answer, Y/n left out a frustrated sigh which confused the boys even more.

"Sorry." She chickened out, as usual. "Just forget about it."

With no further ado, she rushed outside the park to get as far as possible. In a split of seconds, disappointment weighed on her shoulders since she had ruined everything. After such a disaster, Hoseok would surely never accept to go on a date with her.

~ ~

"I'm not even surprised. I knew you weren't going to do it."

Expecting that type of comment from her friend Hana, the smitten one ignored her and kept on making excuses. However, none of them were good enough to convince the pessimistic that she wasn't a coward.

"I even went to the park and waited. That's how determined I was."

Again, Hana rolled her eyes. Jihyo—who felt sorry for the girl—patted her back in an attempt to comfort her. The latter appreciated it, but she still felt stupid.

Sun loved her: she was her closest friend and she cared for her a lot. Seeing how sad she would get over some boy made her mad, so she decided to help. With her signature cheerful smile, she tried to lighten the mood and clapped her hands.

"(Y/n) screwed up, so what? It's no biggie!" She then turned to Y/n and continued. "You can try again, but in a different way." The rest of her friends frowned in confusion. "Think about it, is there a better way for you to express your feelings than with a pen? Write! You love doing it, so put your writing skills to use and confess to him with a love letter."

At that, Hana snickered. "A love letter? What is she, fifteen?"

Y/n rolled her eyes. "I'm twenty-two, and I think that's a great idea."

With that being said, she took a last bite of her tuna sandwich before leaving her friends. Rushing to the library, she ended up picking an isolated spot and rummaged through her bag in search of a pencil case and a textbook. She ripped a blank page from the textbook and picked a black pen.

The words flowed; she couldn't stop herself from writing. In the end, she read the letter to make sure whatever was written was clear and explicit. Thankfully, it was. In fact, she couldn't possibly be clearer."

"Dear Hoseok,

I love you.

You might be scared by this letter, but I don't know how else to express my feelings for you. I tried to tell you last evening (by the way, sorry for freaking out), but I didn't have enough courage.

So, here I am. Writing you a love letter. I feel like now is the right time for you to know. I've liked you since freshman year; it's been three years already! Now that I think of it, I feel stupid for not telling you sooner. I guess I was scared, and I still am. But it's different now. We're graduating at the end of the year, and I want no regrets.

"Everyone loves me," you might think. Well, you're right, and I can tell why. You're kind, generous, good-hearted, funny, and beautiful. Inside and outside. You're one of a kind. Obviously, you deserve better than some average girl like me, but I still want to let you know how you changed my life.

I'm in a good mood every time our eyes meet in the hallways. I'm happy whenever you greet me with your bright smile, your cute dimple, and your gorgeous eyes. Your whole being shines brighter than my entire life; you're a beaming sunshine, and I'd like to thank you for that. I love you, from the bottom of my heart. Even if you're not interested, I hope these words will warm your heart.

L/n Y/n"

✭☆