Chapter I

"Normal Speech"  ~Parseltongue~  #Other Languages# 

After that night, the small family moved back to Potter Manor, the ancestral home. Here, Harry was neglected and abused. It began with something small, like forgetting to buy different clothes for him, but it got rapidly worse to the point he wasn't allowed at the table and was even often placed under the Cruciatus curse. From age 3, Harry spent most of his time reading in the library.

Harry had just finished a tome called Wandless Magic; What You Need To Know. He was currently 4, and has discovered many abilities that he had. For example he could wield any element without doing harm to himself or others, he could travel through shadow, or use it to find someone's darkest secret, although he wasn't particularly great at any. He was currently bored. James, Lily and Jennifer were away again today, so he could do whatever he wants.  Harry decided to go out of the house, into the forest. 

Hadrian stepped into the forest and wandered around. He found a small fox, slinking around. It had a multi-coloured coat and green eyes. He reached out a hand towards it,taking some meat out of a bag that he had brought. He placed the meat in front of it, and softly encouraged the fox to eat, he reassured the fox, #It's alright, I won't hurt you#. Hadrian noticed the look of surprise on the fox's face. He noticed a small patch of blood on the fox's leg, and asked  #Do you want me to heal you?# The fox nodded.

The fox finished the food and looked up at the kind human. It spoke in hyper yips #Hi! Can I come with you? You're nice. I'm also bored. Also, can I have a name, if you say yes, obviously.# Hadrian looked at her, shocked, but nodded. He asked #I can do that. Do you like the name of Ava, or Alex- depending on your gender?# The fox replied# Ava sounds nice! I am female so that works.# She nodded while he healed her. They stood and walked off together, deeper into the forest.

The duo walked around for a few hours, speaking with each other and the other animals, who had just accepted the presence of the young boy and his companion. 

It was 6:00 when Hadrian got back to the manor. Ava had stayed in the forest for a little while longer. Unfortunately for him, there stood an angry James. 

James, Lily and Jennifer had arrived home at 5:30, expecting to find a pristine house and a meal cooked for them by Hadrian, despite the fact that they had not told him that these were the expectations. James waited for Hadrian to return, and promptly dragged him into a small, empty room. 

James, wishing to inflict only pure pain as punishment, took his wand and yelled out 'CRUCIO! ' at his eldest.  He watched with glee at the boy, who was in pain but was too stubborn to scream out or show it, convulsed silently. Hadrian knew the consequences of making a noise. He only looked down and dealt with it. James yelled out insults and sneered at the boy, "Worthless squib! Just a tarnish on our good name! I, personally, wish you had never even been born."

The torture lasted for about half an hour. Hadrian was used to much worse. James yelled at him "Boy! Go clean Jennifer's room, now! You have... 10 minutes."  Hadrian left the room and went up the stairs. He entered Jennifer's  room and was shocked to see expensive clothes strewn across the floor, piles of things everywhere and a messy bed. Sighing, he began his task. 

Hadrian simply focused his magic and cleaned the room, without anyone noticing. His magic had left a few unclean areas because his magic was weaker than it could be (due to Dumbledore's weak blocks), although considering he was four. he was pretty strong magically. The remaining uncleanliness was quickly removed manually.

Hadrian went back to his room in the west wing ( because he, a "worthless squib" have to be kept away from others) and looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was slightly curly, and was an abnormal shade of purples and blues with other colours dotted around. His eyes were heterochromic; one was purple, the other green. These features often made his family ashamed of him- calling him 'freak.' His facial features were regal and defined; unlike his sister's overload of baby fat- or just the lack of movement catching up to her. Shaking his head, he reached out his magic and transfigured his clothing to suitable nightwear and fell onto his bed.

This was, however, interrupted by the talk of his parents. He heard James first. "-It's for the best." Lily was next. "But will they actually take him? I know how much she despises me and 'our kind' but then again, it would humble him a lot. He's already an ungrateful, spoiled brat. The only problem is that we would need someone else to do the chores and such, since the house elves were given to Albus for Hogwarts." James replied "We can just recruit some no problem. He can go in the morning. Just get him out and tell him where to go." The two left.

Ava came back from the forest, looking saddened, and curled up on his chest, neither could have predicted the events of the next day. It would change their lives forever - for the better or the worse, no living being knew. However, one did.