▪️53

Jisung's chest stopped rising, in sync with the last breath Haewon took

The dusky, dark sky began to clear up, a blinding light beaming down onto the two lifeless bodies.
A celestial body began to float down to the earth, contrasting the male who, dressed in all black, began to approach the two.

"Grim Reaper."
"Sorin."

The woman, poised with angel wings on her back eyed the dark male who carried a scythe in his hand.
"You can't take them." She said defiantly, striding over to the two.

"They're dead."

Sorin stopped, swallowing the pain in her heart when her eyes landed on the two pale and lifeless bodies.

Sorin walked over to Jisung, kneeling beside him, noticing the tear that had began to fall.
She took out a glass vial, capturing his tear in it.

"Sorin you can't-"
"I can." She shot back authoritatively.
"I'm her guardian angel- she won't die on my watch."

"You can't meddle with the circle of life."
"They don't deserve to die!"
"You don't get to make that decision, move out of the way."

The Grim Reaper began walking towards the two Soulmates but Sorin was quicker, pouring the contents of the glass vial into Haewon's parted lips.

"You know what this will mean? You know he's a part of the mafia Sorin, you've tried for so long to protect her from this life, you watched over Jisung since he was baby and you want to do this? Isn't it better off if they died-"

"No! I'm bringing them back."

"You're decreasing 5 days to 2- they'll die anyway."

Sorin stayed silent, putting her hand over Haewon's heart and closed her eyes.
Jisung's appearance began to change, his hair fading into his natural dark brown, the tattoo on his arm disappearing- along with his several piercings.

"You can't take him away from his gang Sorin-"
"It's the price I'm willing to pay to bring them back."
"Your removing any memory of his life in the Mafia-"
"I know what I'm doing."

Haewon's chest jolted up, in sync as Jisung intook a harsh gulp of air.

They were alive, but at what cost?

Ending the year on a good one :)

I love how everyone hates me for the last chapter :(

;)