CHAPTER 8

Emma's POV:

I knocked his door and waited for his reply. After sometime I heard a small come in.

I went inside and the room was in full of white, grey and black. There are two black leather chairs and his desk was a black wooden desk while walls were of grey, white and cream.

I went in front of his desk and stood there while he was doing his work and waited for his attention.

When he looked up and saw it was me his face became hard again.

"What do you want?" he asked in a hard voice.

I was taking out my notepad to write when I heard a loud bang which made me jump.

"What is your problem huh? Why are you here when you don't want to talk?" he shouted with blazing aqua blues eyes.

I stood there shocked by his outburst when I saw him stomping to my side.

He came so close suddenly which made me take a step back in reflex. Seeing that he took another step forward and I involuntarily took another step back. It continued till I lost my balance when I hit the chair and fell in it.

I saw him bending to my eye level few inches from my face and the anger in his eyes made me tremble.

"Why don't you answer me?" he asked in a slow but deadly voice.

I again tried to look down to write in my notepad when I felt him grab my chin roughly to face him.

"Did your boyfriend say not to answer or are you doing it on your own?" he said with so much venom in his voice.

I looked confused at him trying to get what he was saying about me having a boyfriend and all.

"Don't act. I know you are still seeing your boyfriend even after the marriage" he said looking in my eyes with so much anger and I sat there trying to figure out what he is saying.

"ANSWER ME DAMN IT!" he shouted on my face and I winced.

"So that's how you are going to be huh? Sitting there and not replying to anything right?" he said looking at me.

He stood straight and went towards the other side and stood near his table.

"So you like him so much that you are not going to answer anything to me huh?" he asked with a hard voice.

I sat there trying to understand what he is saying. He is the one who is not giving me a chance to write on my notepad and he is getting angry that I am not replying instantly.

When I looked at him and saw him waiting then it hit me.

He doesn't know I AM MUTE.

The realisation hit so hard that I couldn't stop my tears anymore.

I sat there crying when I suddenly felt hands on my face.

He wiped my tears and still held my face in his hands.

When I looked up I saw him looking at me with some unreadable expression along with anger.

"Don't cry Emma" he said with soft yet stern voice and left from there.

This is the first time he called me by my name it felt so good hearing my name from his mouth.

Though I don't understand what he meant by me having a boyfriend I still felt worse.

He didn't know that was what still running in my head.

I forcefully got up and took myself to my room. I heard something shatter in his room but I didn't have the courage to go check on him.