Chapter 18

Namaste,

Chapter 18 is here, which is dedicated to @ deki91598 :)

****

“Now I know what a ghost is.

Unfinished business, that’s what.”

-Salman Rushdie,

The Satanic Verses.

EVERETT P.O.V

I was sitting on an arm chair in Randall’s apartment, with my ankle resting on my knee. He wasn’t home but I have been patiently waiting for him from the past fifteen minutes.

As soon, as I got a call from Zander, I drove to the airport along with Keith and Terence. Four hours later, I finally reached his apartment in the BlackRaven. If I had come through land route then I would have still been in the road by now.

I ordered Terence and Keith to stay near the building and not come in, because I wanted to be alone when I confront that bastard. When I broke into his apartment, I found nothing that was of importance. I suppose this is just one of his hideouts and not his actually home.

‘He is here’ Keith informed through the link and I growled. My wolf wanted me to kill him but I had other great plans for Randall.

Just a minute later, I heard footsteps approaching, sounds of keys jumbling and then being inserted into the keyhole. Whistling a tune, Randall stepped inside his apartment and went on to switch the light. But that was an act because he quickly turned and threw a knife in my direction. I caught the knife, with both hands, just before it could pierce my shoulders.

“You have a bad aim” I muttered placing the knife on the table ahead of me. In the meantime, Randall switched on the light and walked towards the built-in bar. “Just like your accomplice” I added watching him like a hawk.

“Maybe I missed this target but I did achieve the other” he said with a grin and my wolf bared his fangs. “Drink?” he questioned and I nodded. He lifted a bottle of whisky, opened it and then poured the amber colored liquid into two glasses.

Passing me a glass, he went and sat on the other side of the table, facing me. He looked absolutely confident and I didn’t like it. I wanted him to be scared of me but he was displaying no such emotion.

“So, what do you want to know?” Randall asked after taking a sip.

“I already know the answer to why, but I want to know how.”

“It was quite simple actually” he said with a shrug and I almost crushed my glass. “Her wolf was in total shock after losing the baby and had gone weak, refusing to fight. Drew settled in fine inside her body after just a little prayer. But first Drew had to kill himself. There was no peace for his soul because he was a vengeful spirit and so he easily took over her body, to avenge for all the injustice happened to us” He imparted and took another sip. “You see, I am a faithful devotee of the dark moon goddess. I have been worshipping her even before my sister was mated to a Ryker. I have been worshipping her since the day my Alpha blamed me for something I did not do. I worship her wholeheartedly and she pleases all my wishes and my wish was to kill the white wolf slowly and painfully” He added with a smirk.

All color drained from my face and I felt my heart hammering in my chest. No. No. No. He is not going to kill Templar.

“So she is going to die?” I asked in a whisper. As I spoke those words, I felt Goosebumps appear all over my body. My wolf gave a painful howl and I closed my eyes.