Chapter 37 (Rewritten)

Everyone gathered inside the main room to listen to what Hange had to said. From the looks of it, they looked pretty shaken. You tilted your head in a curious manner. 

"Hange looks troubled...I wonder what's wrong. (゜。゜)"  You thought. 

"So what did you call us all here, Hange?" Captain asked. 

"...Pastor Nick...has been murdered."

Everyone's eyes, except Levi's, widened. While mine was only widened by a bit. 

"( ゚o゚)You mean the creepy guy that kept staring at me!?"

"I've figured the church might have wanted to get their hands on Nick for talking with the scouts. Which is why I have him hid his identity and had him stay in the barracks. I didn't think they would send soldiers to murder him."

"This is my fault...I should have been more careful." they continued. 

You let out a sad hum. The whole room remained quiet for a moment. Well, until Levi went to casually sip his tea. 

"They...tortured him...possibly to get answers from him. Did they just want to know what he passed onto us?" Armin asked. 

"Most likely," Captain answered. 

"They think we might not know much about the Reiss family. But something tells me the government is up to something."

Just then, the door opened. 

"Captain Levi, I have a message from Commander Erwin." a girl with red hair said as she handed a letter to Captain. 

You were fascinated by her red hair.

"I wanted to tell him about what happened to Pastor Nick, but he sent me this instead." she continued. 

Levi stayed quiet for a moment before looking towards you all. 

"Everyone get your gear, now. We're leaving." he stood up from his chair. 

You perked your head up. 

"We're leaving? Where are we going? (・о・)"  You thought. 

"Make it look like we were never here." he continued. 

*Time Skip*

The night was beginning to fall and we could see the fire from the tiny cabin we were in. Could those be the Mps?

You nervously gripped the shotgun in your hands, which was given to everyone. Not only did they give the youngest teen here (which is you), a gun, but you also don't know how to use it. 

"How did Commander Erwin know they were headed here?" Armin asked. 

"The government has passed down some new orders. There's been a freeze on all scout activities outside the walls. We are to hand over Eren, Historia, and Y/n." Captain explained. 

You let out a small whine. 

What would they want with you? Must be because word got out you were a titan shifter. But you thought the situation would be handled. 

"Why exactly are they after Eren, Historia, and Y/n for? They don't want them dead, so what are they planning?" Hange asked.

"Who knows? But they want those three and they aren't settled down about it. Which is why we shouldn't linger here for too long." Captain replied. 

"We'll move Eren, Historia, and Y/n to Trost."

"You mean the same district Pastor Nick was murdered?"