Chapter Twenty-seven

Savannah

"Guys let's go please. We have no reason to be waiting here." I say trying not to talk to anyone.

"Savannah chill, why you suck in a hurry? We have no rush to get home. It's barely 7:30." Trey says.

"Savannah! Hey! I didn't know you were gonna come to the game tonight!" I hear from behind. Stassie.

"Stassie! Hey! I was just... unsure if I was gonna come or not and I-Uh-... didn't want to bother you since you have college." I say.

"It's okay, I get it. You didn't want to see Jack. Don't worry, you know you can trust me with helping you not see Jack." She says.

I just nod my head embarrassed.

"Anyways, there's a party at Nates, so If you want to come y-"
"I can't go." I interrupt.

"Wow... hold on Savannah." Trey steps in a bit.
I see Derek laughing silently at trey.

"I thought maybe you'd say that, but Jack isn't gonna go to the party. He said he just wanted to stay home instead."

"Yes! Savannah that means we can go!" Trey says tugging on my shirt.
I sigh looking at Trey, Derek, and Stassie.

"Fine we'll go, but if I hear a word about Jack at the party we are leaving." I sigh.

Stassie starts to smile, while Trey is doing some celebrating dance. Making us all laugh.

Jack

After the game is over, I hurry back to the locker room, showered fast, changed, and left before coach could talk to us. I needed to talk and see Savannah. I had seen her at halftime after I came out of the locker room, but couldn't get to her since I was in the middle of the game.

I looked all over the stadium trying to find her, but no sight of her. In anger and frustration I kicked the trash can having it fall off.

"Hard of a kick towards that trash can." Comes from behind me. I hoped it would've been Savannah, but I couldn't recognize the voice a bit. Turning around I see Grace.

"Yeah..." I chuckle not knowing what else to say. I've known Gracie since my Senior year in high school.

"Rough time?" She questions leaning on the wall.
"Yeah... you could say so."

"What's up?" She asks caring.
"It's Just a girl, I like. I don't even know what it is. It's like complicated, but because I made it complicated."

"Jack Gilinsky.... having trouble with a girl? Well this girl must be something Jack, but... I don't think it's complicated. I think you're seeing it like that, but it's really not."

"How? I've tried looking at it every way, but she's definitely not playing hard to get or anything. She was telling me about this guy she's like since middle school. Grace she talks about this dude like if he was everything. I Just wish I could be that guy."

"Well what's this girls name, maybe I could talk to her and find out. Take this as a favor from when I helped you." She says.

I sat there thinking, should I take it or just win her by myself, nobody else. I mean I could ask Stassie, but Stassie probably won't tell me anything.

"Savannah Melody."

Grace face changed. Like she was shock.
"What?"

"You could not be serious about her, Jack." She says.

I give her a confused look. "What? Is there something wrong?"

"Yes! Jack you don't want want to be with her, she's... ughh!" She exclaims.

I wait for her to continue but she doesn't, she Just walks away rolling her eyes.
Is there something I don't know about Savannah? Should I be worried? No wait! I'm Just making this complicated in my head.

"C'mon Jack! Let's go to the party!" My friends cheer pulling me with them.

I don't even want to go.

••••
:)))
Did ya enjoy this?