Chapter 24: A Memory

(AN: oooooo this chapter was fun to write. Also, please enjoy this CUTE AF fan art of Baby Yoda and the Mandalorian from butternut_gouache on Instagram because I can't find a good picture for this chapter. As always- thanks for supporting, friends! -Rach)

"And lastly, here is where the port side cannons are. About four men man them at a time, but while we're traveling in hyperspace, they've been moved to another division for the time being," Sylvan's voice echoed in the hallway of the Jedi cruiser.

She had managed to bring the group on every deck, in every hall, every crevice, and minute detail of the ship had been covered. Sylvan had gotten very good at memorizing details and facts for each mission, but at the moment, Alana was concerned that she was a bit too good.

"It's over?" Alana asked.

"I could tell you more about the power capacities and hyperspace a-"

"No, please, Sylvan," Alana interrupted her. "I think you've covered quite enough for now."

The two Jedi exchanged looks before glancing back at the two troopers Bash had assigned to accompany them. They looked bored and tired beyond belief. After spending nearly three hours touring the ship, they were all tired of hearing Sylvan spout facts and statistics, even if they didn't say it.

"I thought you wanted to know everything, Master," Sylvan said as they made their way toward the elevator.

She watched as Alana stifled a yawn. Sylvan stopped and crossed her arms across her chest. "When I yawn during your lectures, you criticize me, but when you do it, it's fine?"

"Well, my young Padawan," Alana started. "When I was your age-"

"Oh, here we go again," Sylvan said, rolling her eyes and beginning to walk towards the main hangar.

"What? Don't you want to know how your Master had to go through all of the same training as you? All the boring lectures and training sessions?"

"No, no, I'd rather not. Please, Master."

"Well, that settles it, then. You can't complain," Alana said before falling back to the troopers they were accompanying. Sylvan still stalked forward in front of them, clearly thinking and failing at coming up with a rebuttal.

"Troopers, is there a way to contact the Commander without having to stop at one of the communications stations?"

"Yes, sir," the clone to Alana's right said. "You'll need your com channel that should be attached to your left or right arm armor."

Alana frowned and held up her left arm, seeing a row of buttons on her forearm that she hadn't noticed when she had been putting on her armor.

"Oh, and how exactly does this work?" She asked.

The troopers exchanged glances before deciding it was best to stop in the hallway for a moment and teach Alana the different buttons and their functions and how to reach a certain clone trooper or Jedi.

Unfortunately, Sylvan did not stop, and she continued down the hallway for a few minutes, lost in her thoughts. Before she realized it, she had reached the main hangar before turning around and noticing that Alana and the troopers were no longer behind her.

"You have got to be kidding me," she groaned. She looked down at her comlink and opened a direct channel to Alana. "Master," she said.

At that moment, Alana had been trying to reach Commander Bash over her comlink, but before she had been able to contact him, one of the lights on the buttons had begun to flash, and she pressed it, hearing Sylvan's loud voice almost immediately.