Chapter 23

"So... you still haven't slept with her yet, have you?" Janet asked as they made their way across campus to start doing another student check to make sure everyone had what they needed. As much as Janet liked to give her best friends space, she also found that Sylvia would answer pretty much any question she was asked.

"She slept with me once." The succubus answered. "But whenever I try to touch her she gets so scared even my own nature betrays me."

"Betrays you? Wouldn't that be a good thing?"

"Don't get me wrong, I don't ever want to hurt her, or push her into anything she doesn't want. But I feel like... maybe if I pushed her just a little bit more she would heal. Have you ever felt like you were too nice?"

"Everyday." Janet sighed, looking down at her binder.

"I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do. I know it's supposed to be hard because you know, she was traumatized. So I'm not super upset about it. But I wish I could push a little more without being scared she's going to hate me."

"I don't think Eva has the capacity to hate you."

"What do you mean?"

"For two years Eva has been broken beyond measure. It took her a year for her to be okay with me taking her hand. She trusted me, but she hated the idea of anyone touching her for any reason. She pulled away from her own mother. But you? You've been in her life for what? A few months? And suddenly she's okay with people touching her. She put my hands on her face Sylvia. Her own mother hasn't been able to hug her in two years and you come in and put your hands on her like none of those horrible things ever happened to her." Janet explained with a chuckle.

"When you put it like that..."

"Syl. She can talk to you. She's okay with you touching her. She's okay with sleeping on you, and she probably loves you more than anything else in this world because of how effortlessly easy you make loving her look. I thought my poor Eva was going to be a broken mess for the rest of her life, and would have to slowly heal over my lifetime. I never thought I'd see any real progress. But this, this is incredible. It's like you're erasing all those bad memories."

"Is there a suggestion in all that ass kissing or?"

Janet laughed again, rolling her eyes at the succubus. "Sylvia. Eva loves you. Like capitol L loves you more than anyone else in this world. But she's still broken. You're healing those breaks, but they'll never completely heal, and they'll always be a part of her. Even if you start having sex, she's still always going to remember when she was really hurt. That's something you can't take away."

"I mean... I could take it away." The succubus sighed, her tail swaying behind her in annoyance. "But I also know that her experiences defined her, and I could never just erase who she is like that."

"I'm glad. I'd never forgive you if you erased my Eva." Janet answered, flicking the succubus on the side of the head, getting her to grumble.

"Don't bully me. I'll make you horny."

"That's the worst threat I've ever heard."

"I'm not threating you. I'm warning you. I'll use my charm on you then leave."

"Noted."

Sylvia sighed as she stretched out her back as they walked. "I hate not knowing. I feel like I'm walking on glass with her and I don't want to do anything that's going to really hurt her. But I also want-"

"To push her. Yes, you've said already."

"Well what should I do? You just spent all this time explaining why she feels what she does, but you didn't help me figure out how to help her."