six.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER SIX.
what is this feeling?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

AFTER LOSING SCOTT WITH NO WAY OF KNOWING HIS WHEREABOUTS, STILES WAS QUICK TO OFFER THE WALKIE TALKIE HE HAD FOR HIS DAD'S POLICE SERVICES. Adrian didn't know why he agreed, but he did. At this point, he just wanted to find Scott, go back home and get a few more hours of sleep.

"Stiles, you know I can't call the dispatch line when I'm on duty." Choosing to stay quiet in the passengers seat, the ginger let Stiles handle all the talking considering he was familiar with all the officers unlike himself.

"I just need to know if you've gotten any odd calls." Stiles told the woman on the other line with urgency, driving around in search for his werewolf friend.

"Odd how?" She questioned confusedly. It surprised Adrian she didn't shut the boy down completely, something telling him this wasn't the first time he had talked with the officers over the radio.

"Uh, like an odd person or dog-like individual roaming around the streets?" Adrian gave Stiles a dissatisfying look, the woman bidding the boy farewell before disconnecting.

Stiles didn't make a smart, snarky comment like Adrian thought he would. Instead, the boy threw the walkie talkie down on the backseat, sighing greatly.

Adrian's eyes unintentionally softened, biting his lip in hesitation before speaking. "Hey," the hazel eyed boy looked at him with sadness. "I'm sure Scott's fine. He probably just got freaked out. This is all still new to him after all."

Stiles nodded, understanding what the boy was trying to say as he worked on calming his nerves. "Y-Yeah, you're right." Stiles breathed out. At one point, the two boys found themselves staring into each other's eyes, saying or doing nothing until Stiles softly smiled. "Thanks, Adrian."

Now, maybe it was in the spur of the moment. Either way, Adrian didn't know what feeling came over him as he reached down until his hand was gently on Stiles' shaking one. Their fingers twitched and grazed as Stiles calmed down almost immediately, staring down at the hand near his.

For a moment, they forgot about Scott McCall and the trouble surrounding him. They forgot about the whole spectrum of popularity and egos. They forgot about almost everything. It was them, and only them.

But, as the old saying goes, a dark cloud started to rain on Adrian Martin's parade; that cloud being himself.

With his mind flashing back to his actions in reality, he immediately retracted his hand and held it close to his chest as if he had hurt it. Stiles gave him a confused face with a mix of other emotions; Adrian reading one of them quickly as hurt.