the new year

1). stop forcing goals on yourself because december has turned to january and a new year has begun. make goals for yourself because you deserve change in your life for the better. you deserve to be the you you want to be, rather than the you you think you are. goals shouldn't be made because it's the time to be making them, you deserve far better than that.

2). do things you want to do - not because you've seen other people do it and that makes you feel as if people will not judge you for doing it as well - do it strictly because you want to do them. be confident in yourself and know that that doesn't have to mean you're cocky, selfabsorbed, or too full of yourself. you can love who you are and not be a bad person for it.

3). read because it's fun and you love to do it. stop waiting for the perfect moment to pick up that book, stop scrolling through mindless fields of social media that have no meaning or rhyme, stop doing things without some sort of purpose. pick up that book that you've been putting off, read that article you've been saving in your google tabs, read all of those poems you have saved in your instagram - read for the love of reading.

4). paint that painting you've been wanting to paint. don't do it because you're giving it to someone but because you just want to create. don't let the that yearning to create only be fulfilled if it benefits others, you deserve nice things just as much as the people you love do.

5). write because writing is your passion and your one true love. write because that's what you'd love to do with your life. stop waiting for someone else's approval when the only approval you need is your own. just because something isn't perfect the first time doesn't mean you can't change it - something simply mediocre can turn into something you're happy with amd something you're happy with can turn into something you adore. and not only that but lessons are learned through imperfection, don't ever forget that.

6). stop letting what other people say you're feeling be what you actually feel. in an attempt to make themselves feel better, or to make you feel guilty, people will try and waver your character - test the morals you've build your whole being from - but you can not let that happen, for you know who you are - you are the only one who truly does - and what you stand for and that shouldn't change strictly because someone is trying to change you or make you pity them.

7). begin to truly start to love yourself. i know it's hard sometimes but love the way you smile, love the way you laugh, love the make your cheeks puff up or the way your eyes crinkle up, love the little things you truly don't like about yourself too. for loving yourself doesn't always mean every bit of you is something you genuinely adore, you can build yourself up through encouragement and peace and those thing you don't like about yourself will begin to simply mean nothing.