[Studio A] [01]

[Season Three: Episode One]

A/N: Hi! Before the Chapter Starts I would just like to say a big thank you to anyone who is re-reading or is reading this for the very first time. I would also like to explain that i began writing this story back in 2019, it was around my second story and i'm still here writing it in 2021. Though i've decided that before I finish the story, i really want to edit and fix it up, because i have matured a lot more as a writer since starting. So for Re-readers that's why it may look a little different, but please just be patient with me, i assure you it will be worth it! :) Thank You!!

Walking into Studio A has an amazing feeling to it, after A troop had just won Nationals, it's just so cool. I couldn't believe The Next step won Regionals, let alone Nationals! Well, you are probably wondering who exactly I am, and how I fit in at TNS. Hi! My name is Ellie, short for Eleanor, but don't call me that; I'm a Contemporary and Acro dancer and have been at The Next Step since I was 3. Before I joined, my mum put me in Gymnastics when I was 2 – according to her I couldn't stop moving, I was so 'wriggly.' I am from a Spanish family, so that's where I get my dark dark, though I have dyed it from dark brown to an ash blonde – trust me the process was long. I'm 15 and about 5'5", I think I get that from my mum, she's quite short too, my father is strangely tall; thinking about it, I get a lot of things from my mum, her height, eyes... attitude...

I think that kind of describes me, I just guess you'll figure the rest out for yourself, but let's get back to the story.

I take slow steps as I enter the room, as I hear A Troop dancing to a song, I love watching them dance; I think as a B Trooper, I have learnt a lot from them growing up. They are just so cool. A few of my friends are on A Troop, West, Thalia, Riley; I spoke to them the entire time they were at Nationals, but I've missed them so much. Though, when they got back, we got some bad news that we might be getting evicted, and guess who bought the building? Lucien. Of all people, the owner of our rival studio just had to buy the building we dance in.

My eyes drift over the dancers as I sit down on one of the many colourful boxes beside the floor. My eyebrows furrow when my gaze lands on Amanda, I don't trust her. She betrayed The Next Step, who's to say she won't do it again? But then she helped the team at Nationals? Most of A-troop seem to trust her, so I guess I respect their opinion, but I haven't made up my mind just yet.

Soon the music fades out and the troop breaks their pose, "Woooo!" I cheer as I begin to clap and push myself off the box, "Guys, that was amazing."

"Thanks, El" West comes up to me, pulling me into a very tight hug. West has been like a brother to me ever since he joined TNS, because we were in B-Troop together we just so happened to grow close.

"How was Nationals? I watched from home you guys danced amazingly." I say pulling out of the hug and looking towards the others who had come up to me.

"Amazing, we had our ups and downs." Tahlia says coming up to me, "I missed you." she said while pulling me into a short hug.

"Yeah," I say in remembrance, "How's Emily doing anyway?" I question with a sad look to Riley.

"Still recovering" She answers with a small shrug.

Once everyone left, I stayed in Studio A, I've been working on a solo - just to improve my skills. You know, one day I do hope to join A Troop, go to Regionals, Nationals and maybe even Internationals, but I've got to earn it.

*Song: Ophelia by The Lumineers*

I stand in the middle of the room and soon begin dancing, the reason I dance is to get all my emotions out, my body just moves to the music. I think that's what makes me a great dancer. I mean, my body just flows, and my technique had improved immensely.

Beginning with my Contemporary skills, and soon merge with my Acro; both are my strong suits; I wish I was good at things like Hip hop, but I guess I haven't had the time to correct that just yet.

Oh Ophelia.... you've been on my mind, girl, since the flood.

I soon begin to flip and do walkovers and ariels, going from corner to corner of the floor. I love flipping, it makes me feel like I'm flying.

The music was so consuming, and I was too focused on my dancing to even notice that someone walked into the studio.

As I finish my dance, I began to walk over to my cubbie that had my stuff in it- to get a drink, however, the sight of a person caused me to jump slightly, "Oh," I breathe as I begin recognising who it is. "Hi." I smile as I find a boy sitting in the bench.

"Peanut." He nods while uncrossing his feet and leaning forward onto his knees.

"Noah..." I giggle, while grabbing a towel and my water bottle, taking a small gulp.

"I haven't seen you dance like that in ages." He pushed himself up and began walking over to me, "Where have you been?"

"Just took a few sick days..." I say while pulling down my sleeve to hide a small purple bruise.

"Oh, is it contagious?" He jokes, covering his mouth.

I playfully hit him on the arm, "It wasn't that type of sick, Ace" I grin, I swap the bottle and towel and begin patting away the sweat from my hairline.

I've known Noah almost all my life, he lives close to me, so we basically grew up together. Ever since we both joined, we've been trying to keep up with one another, along with Richelle, we are all very competitive. Speaking of Richelle, I think she likes him - but that's a maybe. I've always been comfortable with Noah, I can literally tell him anything.

"Wanna go grab a juice?" He says with a smile while offering his hand to me and slightly bowing.

"Sure, you're paying." I reply while taking his hand.

"Whatever you want." He finished bowing as I put away my stuff and then dragged me out of Studio A, laughing all the way.