Ten

•• Harry ••

We arrived at the cafe at exactly five forty-three. Max parked his car on the street, just like the other cars all lined up and parked in front of the boutiques.

When Max locked the car doors with the use of his key, we entered the cafe, and luckily Taylor and Selena weren't here yet.

Max and I found a vacant seat near the glass window and sat down. There were only four or five customers seated inside the cafe and there was only one customer in line waiting for his order.

While Max was busy checking his phone, I observed at the customer in line. He looks like he might be in his late fifties or early sixties perhaps, because his balding hair gives away his age. Behind the counter, I could see Henry grinding some coffee beans and preparing the man's order and he's also with Victor, another fellow barista.

Henry has the Saturday shift today because his work schedule is different from mine and Max's. His off is during on Sundays and Wednesdays, and that goes the same with Victor.

Henry poured the freshly made black coffee into a white paper cup and gave it to the man. The man thanked him and passed by us and exited the cafe with the steaming hot coffee in his hand.

When they fixed everything up and cleaned the counter, Henry spotted us and gave me a half grin. He approached our table with Victor trailing behind him.

"I see you got a new haircut." I told Victor, because I noticed his slightly long ashen brown hair is now neatly cut on the sides and he looks more professional, if I might add.

"Glad you noticed." Victor replied and pulled a hand through his hair.

"What are you doing here Harry? You don't usually come here at Saturdays, what's up?" Henry asked and I couldn't blame him for asking that question though.

"Just meeting up with a few friends. Nothing exciting." I told him nonchalantly as possible and the last part of my sentence was maybe a lie, I guess I'm excited about what's going to happen later.

"Friends? Do you mean the girls Max flirted with a day ago?"

"Yeah, they're the one." I replied to Henry and he tried to hide the smirk forming on his lips.

"What's with the smirk?"

"Nothing, just doubting if you're really not excited on meeting up with them. Especially blondie." Henry said, maybe even teased if I might add. And damn it, I had to refrain my lips from smiling like an idiot.

I dont know why, but I sometimes catch myself smiling unintentionally with the mention or even the thought of her.

"I know that smile, Harold. You're definitely and deeply in love with blondie."

I didn't even knew that Henry saw me preventing me from smiling.

"I'm told you once now I'm saying it twice, I'm not in love. Do I have to spell it out for you? I'm just intrigued, that's all." I told Henry, but the smirk plastered on his face still won't disappear and come off.

"Yeah, fine. Say what you want to say Harry, but let's just see how long you'll keep saying that." Henry said, almost saying it as if it's a challenge or a dare, perhaps.

"At least someone's in love." Vic said and he eyed Max from head to toe. Max seems like he hasn't heard a single word from our conversation since his eyes were still focused on his phone and a small smile forming on his lips.

"Max." I called and slightly tapped him on the shoulder, he finally took his gaze off from his phone and raised a brow.

"Hmm?"