Part 39

After spending some time in the day room, chatting with Hadley and FaceTiming with my sisters who were constantly reminding me that they were missing me greatly, I headed back to my room.

Isla had been baking a batch of brownies, with Elizabeth's help of course, when I had called them.
Lizzy said Michaela, Ruby and Abbey had stopped by with a gift to give me that was in the mail currently, but they wouldn't budge on telling me what it was.

It was after dinner, and that would mean I had to be getting ready for bed. A guard was stationed outside my room, specifically right outside my door, probably from Thomas's orders.

The guard watched me as I came over to him, to get to my door, and I think he was on high alert.
"Goodnight sir." I say as I pass and he gives me a nod in recognition.

As I unlock my door with my pin and push it open I breath in slowly. I look over to the guard briefly, who is eyeing me probably to make sure I don't go into shock again, before I turn and calmly shuffle into my room.

I start by locking the door after me, checking the balcony door is securely closed as well and don't bother going anywhere near the bathroom door.
I go into the closet and change into a thin nightgown.

Climbing into my bed I feel my fear levels rising, my body heating up from being wrapped up. I pull my nightgown off and just lay in my underwear, draping the covers on top of myself to cover up.

Avoiding what happen 2 days ago, I fall into an entrancing nightmare of darkness.

✿✿✿

The hooded figure is back, but is in the bathroom. I can't see him, but I know he's there, the feeling of his presence making my skin crawl.
Rough breathing slows from beyond the door and all of a sudden a knife plunges through the wall, appearing smeared in blood in front of me.

I'm standing by the door again, my heart racing and feet glued to the carpet. Holes jab over and over through from the bathroom until I can see more of the hooded figure than of any of the remaining door.
The figure slowly paces towards me, loud dragging feet and the breathing heavy in my ears.

I wanted to scream, to wake up from this nightmare, but I was stuck in darkness that felt real.

Until the figure lunged forward, jabbing the knife right into the heart of my chest.

Blood oozed from myself as I good down at my chest and the figure just repeated, Kill Yourself then cutting into more of my skin, Go to Hell.

✿✿✿

I scream, throwing myself up out my covers with my heart beating at over one hundred kilometres an hour.
My loud cry pierces the silence and alerts the guard outside my door, which is my first mistake.

The door to my room is flung open, the guard outside wide eyed and on alert with his gun raised.

He sees me, sitting up in bed, in my lacy bra and matching underwear, and quickly averts eye contact.

Not wearing enough clothing, my second mistake.
I scramble and hurriedly pull covers over myself, hiding my semi exposed underwear and chest.

The guard quickly lowers his gun and attaches it back against his belt. I'm all to aware of his brown eyes, darting to anywhere else and his flushed cheeks, embarrassed.

The guard clears his throat, standing straight, "I'm sorry Miss, I thought you were in danger. Is everything alright?"

I nod my head, now the only thing visible to him that pokes out of the covers.
"I'm fine Officer, just a bad dream." I mumble and he nods silently.