Chapter Thirty: Powers Beyond Belief

If you didn't remember something happening, was it because it never had happened? Or because you wished it hadn't? 

-Jodi Picoult 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, I'm a Seer?!"

I was gaping at my grandmama, the goblet in my hands. "The goblet gave me the abilities of a parseltongue and a Seer," I repeat. My grandmama was highly amused. Her blue eyes twinkled in delight, and she looked like she was trying not to laugh.

"I saw a vision of myself in the future?" I was finding it very difficult to process my newfound abilities.

"Correct my child. Your powers are brand new, and the visions will hit you randomly. The more you use your Seer abilities, the more control you'll have over them." She explains. "This is marvellous!!" She squeals in happiness. "You'll be the third Seer our family has had!!" She looked ready to get up and start dancing.

"What was your first vision!?" She demands eagerly, and I sigh, leaning back into her chair and sipping on the tea she loved to serve.

I think back to the vision I saw in Hepzibah Smith's house, and I purse my lips, remembering the laugh I'd heard. I knew I'd been hugging a guy. That laugh was honestly the most heartfelt laugh I'd heard in a while. I'd felt so happy. I'd never felt like that in my life. What could have possibly allowed me to feel like that? I knew when I was watching the vision from my point of view that I'd cared immensely for this person. I couldn't see his face and his hair was covered up by a yellow hat. So maybe he was in Hufflepuff.

"I saw myself hugging someone," I say, and my grandma's excitement increases.

"Seer visions come in so many shapes and forms!!! But it's so hard to see a vision about yourself. Almost impossible." She admits, making me look up in shock. "It was probably a significant vision, my child. Don't rule it out just because it doesn't make sense."

"The goblet might give you more powers, depending on your need for it. Use them wisely, Val. There have been instances where my descendants have gone mad because of their misuse of those powers. My goblet is both a blessing and a curse." She cautions me, making my eyes go wide in horror.