Chapter 13 Part 2 Lunch Date

Chris POV

Chris was leaning back in the leather chair. Her legs crossed and her fingernails tapping a wonderfully annoying rhythm on the arms of the chair. She had attempted to look more casual ending up with lightly armoured red wereform pants paired with a black long sleeve shirt with cuts down the sleeves showing her tan skin. She had completed the look with high black buckle boots, which happen to be holding two long silver plated knives. Her hair was loose, naturally curling down her back and around her face; where her deep red lips smirked and the dark glasses hid her eyes.

The girl sitting at the reception desk appeared to be having a nervous breakdown. She kept glancing over at Chris as she tried to look busy, knocking over her pen cup twice. Another girl of similar age appeared from the hallway and moved behind the desk to the empty secretary seat.

"You need to get ready, apparently we are going into an emergency council meeting." The girl swiveled around to the computer and began typing furiously, not noticing Chris sitting there.

The other girl glanced up at Chris who smirked. "M-m-mary?" She said scooting over to the other girl and pulling at her sleeve.

"What? Stop that. You better prepare your documents." Mary said continuing her typing.

The girl smiled nervously at Chris and pulled Mary's sleeve harder. "You know Alpha Winters is coming today?"

Mary stopped typing and suddenly turned around in her chair. "Oh I know! I can't wait to see him! Do you think he is as handsome as they say? I wonder if he has a mate!" Chris came very close to laughing out loud as the poor secretary's face turned white.

"No. I mean he is- she is.... I mean-"

"Candace you need to tell me when he gets here, like immediately." Mary said opening a drawer to retrieve a small mirror and tube of lipstick. She lathered the lipstick on which left her mouth a striking shade of pink. Looking in the mirror she popped her lips before saying, "I want to make a good first impression." Candace's mouth fell open as she glanced again at Chris, who raised her eyebrows and smiled. Just then, Mary noticed Chris watching them, "I'm sorry Miss is there something I can do for you?"

"Yes. I am here to meet with Alpha Terrant."

Mary smiled politely at Chris. "I'm sorry Miss but did you make an appointment?" Candace tried interjecting but Mary cut her off. "I don't see that he has any appointments scheduled for today, perhaps you should call our office again."

Chris just sat there quietly tapping her fingers on the arm chair.

Candace tried again. "Mary I know this is going to be hard to believe but-"

"Miss did you hear me?" Mary said with a hint of irritation in her voice as her polite smile began to look strained.

Chris tilted her head and smirked. "Oh yes... I heard you." She continued tapping her fingers watching Mary's face as it turned a lovely shade of red.

Before Mary could retaliate Beta Ian walked in attempting to fix his tie while holding onto a very large manila folder. He glanced up, "Mary! Candace! What are you doing? Get ready for the meeting and tell me when-" Ian noticed Chris sitting quietly behind him. "Oh! Alpha Winters!" Ian promptly dropped his file allowing papers to scatter in front of the desk. "I- We didn't mean to make you wait. I do apologize." Candace was already around the desk and picking up the paperwork that had splayed across the lobby. "Please just give me a moment to speak to Alpha Terrant. I will have someone come get you shortly." He accepted the folder from Candace and snapped at them to follow him. Candace gave Chris an apologetic look and moved quickly down the hall followed by Mary who looked extremely confused. Chris chuckled quietly as she heard Ian admonishing them for not telling him that Alpha Winters had arrived.

Chris rolled her neck as she waited impatiently. 'Something must have happened,' said her wolf thoughtfully.

'Well that is all well and good but I can't wait out here all day. I have things to do back home, and he is the one who invited us here.' Chris could feel her wolf smirking as she continued with her fingernail tapping.

'You only feel annoyed because this was supposed to be a date.' Chris rolled her eyes. She had been arguing with her wolf, Gia, and Garret about this meeting since yesterday. All of them thought this was a date except for her.

'I told you it is just a lunch meeting. We will eat and discuss.... things.'

'Okay sure sure.... But I am positive he was asking for a date... I mean if he really wanted it to just be a meeting then he could have asked Joseph to come.'

Chris was about to reply when she heard the click clacking of heels down the hallway. A tall blonde female in a dark red blouse and grey skirt appeared from the hall that Ian disappeared down. She saw Chris and looked genuinely surprised. She glanced around as though she was expecting someone else.

"Uh... are you from the Winters pack?"

Chris tilted her head examining the female making her shift uncomfortably as the silence continued for a full minute Chris stood up from her chair. "I am."

The female looked slightly relieved. "Alpha Terrant is waiting for you. This way."

Chris walked calmly across the lobby and started down the hall. The female walking next to her. They walked in silence for a few steps, Chris's boots thumping while the females heels clicked. "So what position do you hold in the Winters pack?"

"Alpha." She said bluntly continuing down the hall.

"The female choked and nearly tripped. She tried righting herself. Her designer shoes clacked across the floor as if she were participating in some awkward sort of tap dance. "I'm sorry. I must not have heard you correctly. Did you say you are Alpha? As in you are Alpha Winters?"

They turned down another hall. "I have a feeling I will need to get used to that question." Chris said thoughtfully.

"I mean females can't be Alpha...right?"

Chris stopped and turned toward the female, crossing her arms over her chest. "And who are you?"

The female stumbled slightly and turned to face Chris. "I...uh. I'm Ashlynn."

"And what position do you have in the Terrant pack?"

"I am Alpha Terrant's personal assistant." Chris could tell that her dominating aura was a little disturbing to Ashlynn, she almost looked as though she was being reprimanded.

Chris held out her hand. "I am Alpha Chris Winters. It is nice to meet you Ashlynn personal assistant to Alpha Terrant." Ashlynn looked down at her hand and slowly her hand went to reach for Chris's as though she wasn't sure if this was a trick. Chris grabbed the hand and firmly shook it until she could feel Ashlynn squeeze back. She let her hand go, gave her a single nod and started down the hallway again. It took a few seconds before Chris could hear the clicking of her heels hurrying behind her.

"Next left... Alpha Winters." Ashlynn said in a quiet voice.

Chris turned the corner and saw a group of wolves crowding around a door at the end of the hall. Chris already had a feeling something was going on and it probably didn't have anything to do with the type of salad for lunch.

As soon as she approached a 'hush' went over the crowd and Mary muttered. "That's her."

Chris ignored the curious looks and walked up to the large oak door, not bothering to knock, she opened it.

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however, if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-

Edited by munbunny