T H I R T Y - N I N E

Harry was nervous, as he looked around to check where Ron went. Neville walked alongside with Harry, who was trembling with fear. Someone told him that the black lake was full with merpeople, which they're nasty when they try to bite you.

They went to the platform where all the champions stood there, waiting for the signal to dive in. Moody was also there, patting at his shoulder to give him comfort. Harry waited, as he began regretting all of this. He didn't even wanted to join this tournament in the first place.

Why is there a tournament, by the way? He mentally asked himself. Did they want to see children die just for the sake of entertainment?

"Have you seen Hermione?" asked Harry. Earlier today, Moody had asked Ron to go with him, leaving Hermione with Harry at the common room. Now, Hermione wasn't here today and that made him wonder.

Neville shook his head no and shrugged, not having a clue where Hermione went.

As soon as Dumbledore announced they're ready to go. Harry ate the gillyweed given by Neville. He wasn't expecting that the taste would be like this; it was awful. He wanted to spit out all of the gillyweed, but sadly, despite of the taste he needs to eat it so that he can breathe underwater. He lounged himself into the water.

Meanwhile, above the lake, there stood Draco with his cronies at the bleachers, cheering Viktor Krum, of course. He used the binoculars of the kid. He looked through it, checking to see where y/n stood at the platform.

He saw Neville and a couple of gryffindor, but no sign of y/n was spotted. He began thinking that y/n was just lazy to check out the game, but he knew y/n wasn't going to miss this- or worse he thought to himself that y/n was below them.

His heart quickened, imagining no one would pull her up. Theo saw the worried expression of Draco.

"Why are you so worried, mate?" asked Nott, patting his shoulder.

Draco let out a sharp breath and told him it was nothing. Nott nodded and paid attention back to the game, where they all just stared above the lake, waiting for the champions to pull up.

On the other side of the bleacher, Neville waited impatiently. His anxiety was slowly creeping up. He wanted this task to be over.

"Stop fidgeting around, Neville," Dean told him. He can't stand it anymore to look at Neville, pacing back and forth, as he mumbled to himself.

"It's just scary, you know?" he replied. Dean nodded in agreement. It was indeed scary to see one of your fellow housemate is under there, waiting for someone to pull them up.

Below them, Harry was struggling swimming his way through the seaweeds. It was very difficult indeed. Every seaweeds were wrapped around his legs, not wanting to let him go. He wriggled himself free. Harry swam and swam until he saw his three best friend tied; Ron, Hermione, and y/n.

He wanted to help the three of them, but when he was about to free Hermione. The merpeople told him that only one he could save. He mumbled a curse word, as he tried to free Ron from the ropes. Later on, a shark made his way to Harry, causing him to back away. Harry realised that it was only Viktor Krum, who happened to have a shark head. He successfully saved Hermione and swam away from the awful merpeople.

It was only, Ron, y/n, and Cho were left. Harry was still struggling and he was frustrated by it. All of a sudden, a sound of swooshing came in. Cedric untangled Cho by using his wand. He gestured Harry to use his wand and pointed at his watch, showing him that he's running out of time. Harry nodded and drew out his wand.

He realised that Fleur wasn't here to get y/n, and that made him worry even more. Harry remembered that Fleur and y/n were like friends- but not that close. Seeing, y/n away from him, made his heart clench with pain. He knew that only one he could save, but y/n was important to him. Despite everything that happened between them. He needs to save her, both Ron and y/n.