27. Gift

Author POV

After the breakfast, Yoongi left the room to give both the boys some privacy.

Both of them, Jimin and jungkook sat in silence for few minutes staring each other straight in eyes.

Both of them wanted the time to stop, so that they can stay together a little more and feel each other's presence.

But that is the bad and good thing about  time, that it never stops. For anyone.

"I should also go, i think." Jungkook spoke in a low voice.

He didn't wanted to leave. Because he knew that maybe after this moment, he will never be able to see Jimin.

Jimin nodded with a faint smile not reaching his eyes. He was afraid to let go JungKook.

"I'll go then." The taller one said once again and stood up from the bed moving his steps towards door.

Jimin was hesitating whether he should do something to stop Jungkook or just let him go. His mind and heart were at war. His own thoughts and feelings were conflicted.

At last he decided to do what his heart said.

"Jungkook". Jimin called for the taller boy in low voice.

He immediately stopped walking and turned around to look at Jimin with curious eyes.

"Wait here please." Jimin pleaded jungkook.

Jungkook nodded and watched Jimin standing up from his bed as well and move towards the wardrobe side of the room.

Jungkook noticed  that he was searching for something between his clothes.

After few minutes Jimin came back to jungkook's direction with a bagpack in hid hands.

He kept the bag on bed and opened it to take something out from it.

Jungkook was confused but still waiting patiently for the smaller boy to speak something.

Jimin took out a box from the bagpack and walked towards the taller boy with a sad smile.

He handed over the box to jungkook and looked in his eyes still with that sad smile "I want to give this to you."

"What is this, Jimin?" Jungkook observed the box and asked the latter.

"A gift. For you."

"A gift?" Jungkook asked confusion evident on his face.

"How did you arranged a gift for me staying at this place?" He questioned smaller boy.

"It wasn't exactly for you. I mean, this is with me from the day i got kidnapped." Jimin replied.

"I had bought it for myself from the amusement park but i never got the chance to use it. So i thought, i should give it to you as a gift." He smiled.

"A gift to thank you for coming in my life and making me smile again."

"Now open it!" Jimin said excitedly.

Jungkook also smiled and nodded. He then started to unbox the gift with a smile.

"A wind chime." Jungkook took it out and looked it carefully with a smile.

But his smile was laced with tears because the wind chime Jimin gave had a quote of "untill we meet again". What a coincidence? Jungkook didn't know when that time will come. Or he should ask, will it ever come?

The taller boy never had any interest in this type of things. But just because it was a gift from Jimin, he liked it so much.

"You bought a wind chime for yourself. How cute?" Jungkook cooed hiding his sadness, and Jimin just rolled his eyes.

"I knew i would not be able to use it but i'll be very happy if you keep it around yourself." Jimin said.

Suddenly Jimin moved closer to Jungkook and hugged him, his face covered in jungkook's chest.

"Whenever the air will touch it and this wind chime create a sound imagine me speaking to you." He said tears flowing from his eyes.

"When you will feel the music in your ear, feel my voice saying to you Jungkook that, i-.. i...  he stopped but jungkook understood the unspoken words. Unsaid feelings.

So instead of saying anything he just hugged back the smaller boy and kissed his hair gently.

They both knew, that if they will say their feelings out loud, it will destroy them.

And both of them wanted to protect each other by internally destroying themselves.

"Now go." Jimin said with tear stained face and heart breaking sobs.

"Can't i stay a little more, Jimin? Please?" Jungkook asked. He was also crying pathetically.

"N-no. Y-yo-you can't." Jimin was stuttering. His voice faded between his sobs.

"Please baby. Let me hold you a little more." Jungkook's hold on Jimin tightens with his words and both of them cried.

"I.. if you...wi.. will ask.. ask one more time, i'll... i'll say Yes. So Jungkook, please just Go." Jimin replied and pulled himself away from the hug, backfacing the other boy and crying with loud sobs.

"Take care, Jimin." Jungkook nodded and turned towards door saying his last words before leaving the room.

And when the door locked creating a wall in between, both of them were left broken.