24• moon child

Before I could overthink, I picked up the call

"Hanna?" Taehyung's deep voice echoed in my ear. I knew it was him the moment I heard his voice but I just couldn't believe it.

"Taehyung?" I nearly started to stutter, that's how confused I felt. Maybe I was already asleep and dreaming?

"Yea, it's me" No, that was definitely him.

"Do you know how late it is?" I groaned into the phone, sitting up in my bed and turning my lights back on.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?"

"No, but I was just about to go to sleep. It's a school night"

"Nevermind. I shouldn't have called" he said.

"Wait!" I whisper-shouted before he could hang up. I played with the hem of my shirt, pausing for a moment. "Why did you call?"

"It's not that important" he answered after a minute of deafening silence. I didn't know why but my heart was suddenly pumping like I had just run a marathon.

"Tell me" I insisted. "Please"

"Well, I- thought I'd ask if you wanted to..maybe hang out?"

What??

"It's 11 pm" I scrunched my eyebrows. "on a Monday night."

"I know" he cleared his throat. Silence again. "But I want to see you"

I was a bit taken back by his straightforwardness. Didn't expect him to admit that so openly.

"I want to see you too" I stepped over my shadow and just said it, voice small and shy, but I said it.

"So?" he asked.

"Sooo, I guess we're hanging out?" I hesitated.

"Yes" he chuckled. "Be outside in five minutes, I'm picking you up"

"Wait, five minutes? Where are you?" I whisper-shouted again.

"In your neighbourhood" he answered, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Why are you-?"

"I already figured you'd say yes" he sheepishly admitted.

"Idiot" I rolled my eyes and hung up on him but couldn't stop my lips from curling up into a smile.

He'd be here in five minutes. Five minutes, oh god.

I tiptoed my way around my room, switching my pyjamas out for leggings, a t-shirt and an oversized sweatshirt, putting socks and shoes on and grabbing a jacket. I collected my phone and wallet, stuffed them into a small bag and sneaked into the bathroom to check my appearance.