21. A wedding.

Chapter 21: A wedding.

I scroll through the channels that the hotel has and they are horrible.

I stumble on one where a horse is giving birth to its young and I almost vomit the ice cream in my mouth.

I'm bored.

As usual.

I've been checking my phone for the past five minutes now, hoping I'll hear a beep and see a message from Zachary.

It never comes.

Why am I so obsessed with this human?

Today is my last day in Mexico and I want to do something fun, but I'm here alone and I don't know where to go, or what to do.

I Google fun things to try in Mexico and the first thing I see is motorboating.

There's no way in hell that I'm doing that.

I lay around on my bed for about thirty minutes till I finally decide that I'm going motorboating.

You only live once.

"I just need to get this and this." I say to myself as I grab my keys and my phone.

I lock my door and I put my room key in my pocket.

I enter the elevator and I am about to press the close button when a hand reaches into the elevator.

A blonde boy with a little stubble on his chin gets inside the elevator. He presses the button and the elevator goes down.

I just shift awkwardly on my foot.

"Hey." The boy says to me.

"Hi." I whisper.

"I'm Brandon." He tells me. "Brandon Baxter." He adds.

"Valarie." I tell him as I tuck my hair behind my ear. "Valarie Stone."

"You're really pretty." He says, staring at me.

Before I can reply the elevator dings and I step out.

Brandon starts walking beside me.

"So, where are we going?" He asks me.

"I'm going to buy a swimsuit." I tell him.

I know I shouldn't be telling my business to a stranger, but I'm bored.

"Can I come?" He asks, giving me a lopsided grin.

"Sure." I reply.

We walk to the store in silence and we get there ten minutes later

"Excuse me, I'd like to buy a swimsuit." I tell the lady that I see standing in the store.

"Then buy one, do I look like I work here?" She yells at me.

Oops, she's a customer.

"As a matter of fact, you do." Brandon says behind me.

Oh, it's about to go down.

"Young man, have you no manners? You're so rude." The lady scoffs.

"I do have manners, but I prefer to use them on people who are worthy of them. Not old hags like you." He tells her and I just stand there stunned.

A minute later we're asked to leave the store for 'causing a ruckus.'

"Oh my God, that was intense." I tell Brandon.

"I know right?" Brandon says, sighing.

"You're a troublemaker." I joke.

"Glad I could be of service." He says, saluting.