Sang Yunxie 1.41

After talking to Liam Sang Yunxie finally gave up, and decided to visit the ML. In truth, she understood that he wanted a happy family, and she was willing to give it to him.

However, she couldn't let his actions affect the mission in any way. If he sends the empress to the cold palace, the cousin is gonna have a much easier time helping her escape.

The problem with that is that Sang Yunxie wouldn't technically be beaten the FL. In fact, she will be letting her escape.

Her mission is to beat the FL AKA take revenge for the readers and side characters who suffered unjustly because of her.

There wouldn't be any point in beating the FL if she didn't cause a major incident that angered the readers. In this case, the FL's crime was the death of her cousin, who committed suicide after she told him multiple times that she was going to escape with him while falling for the emperor. Then sleeping with both of them at the same time.

Not to mention, little infractions like acting like a white lotus and getting people in trouble. In other words, killed. Causing emotional trauma by giving false hopes of love.

That's why Liam sends her so early in the story so that she could make preparations and save any characters that the fandom from the story liked.

That's why Sang Yunxie didn't want the ML to get rid of her. If he did anything to the FL he would have the cousin as an enemy and second male leads are known to have hidden weapons. She didn't want to have a mini rebellion so soon into the story. Her mental energy wasn't adequate to deal with multiple scheming strategies at the same time.

While if she just gave the FL to the SML she wouldn't be completing her mission, and she needed those points to give Liam a body.

However, Sang Yunxie put those thoughts aside and went to apologize to the ML. No matter what happened he was her golden thigh. She couldn't bite the hand that was feeding her.

Although she made many preparations to have some kind of power in this world, the ML was the ultimate God. Going against him was basically the same as kneeling on the ground and praying to fail.

So she prepared herself and changed clothes to go and apologize to him. The clothes that she was wearing before were not suitable enough to see the emperor of the nation.

Every time she left the palace she liked to remain as inconspicuous as possible. Not wanting to attract any unnecessary attention.

So she changed to something more appealing. A pale pink hanfu accompany by a baby blue outer coat with multiple flower designs that were tightly held by a pink sash at her waist.

This time she decided to put her extremely long hair into a long braid trailing down her back. She then added multiple hairpins at the back of her head to create a little flower crown.

The whole look made her look fresh and pretty. She was like a rose that only recently bloomed.

If Sang Yunxie's mind wasn't so preoccupied with how to stop the fight while also buying more time, she would've flirted with her own reflection until Liam became disgusted and decided to throw a couple of insults at her.

-----------------------------------------

When Sang Yunxie arrived at the ML's palace the guards were hesitant to let her in. But they didn't have the courage to tell her to wait as she simply smiled with a smile that said, do it if you dare.

So just like that, she walked into his palace and into his chambers. Where Liam told her he was.

When she entered she told the eunuch to shut his mouth and tried to walk in quietly. The ML seemed to have taken a shower before she came in since maids were helping him get dressed.

Sang Yunxie walked slowly behind his back and signaled one of the maids to move so that she could help him. They were very surprised when they saw her there but they knew the power she had and didn't want to anger her by saying or doing anything disrespectful, so they did as they were told.

"You can leave, " said the ML as he dressed without looking back.

Sang Yunxie was about to touch him but he interrupted her by dismissing the servants. The servants quickly left and Sang Yunxie just stood there without moving, since she was just discovered.

The ML noticed her presence since before going in, not to mention that he was informed that she was entering the palace, and he just left her to come in as she pleased. After all, she went there to apologize.

Unfortunately, Sang Yunxie just stood there without doing anything. She went in without a clear plan on how to apologize so she just stood behind him, not knowing what to say.

The ML was getting inpatient but he didn't say anything. He told her he wanted her, he told her he was going to get rid of a woman for her. But she didn't care about his actions and told him not to. As if she didn't care that he had someone else.

He was angry. Angry that she didn't care for him, angry that she didn't rely on him, angry that she wasn't putting the same amount of effort into the relationship as he was.

"Are you angry with me?" She asked even though she knew the answer. She just didn't know what to say. She wasn't the best at apologizing.

So right now, she was frustrated. What was she supposed to say? Will a simple sorry cut it, or did she have to do something more. Ugh! Relationships are the worst.

The ML became even more annoyed when she asked him that. Didn't she know that already?

"Zhen is busy. What do you want?" He asked wanting her to get on with it.

Sang Yunxie heard the coldness in his voice and became slightly frustrated.

"Come back." She said as if nothing happened.

The ML was about to explode. She didn't even admit her mistake but instead asked him to come back as if nothing happened.

"You!" He said as he turned back to face her. Unfortunately, her expression made him stop halfway.

Her small face seemed to be very frustrated. Her white skin was tainted red from anger, her delicate brows were furrowed, her cheeks were puffed, while she was biting her bottom lip, and her large grey eyes were watery.

The ML surrendered himself from yelling at her but still felt slightly frustrated. He was the one who was supposed to be feeling angry. Yet, she looked so pitiful that he didn't know what to do.

She was biting his favorite red lips, and that frustrated look made her look like a chipmunk. It was like a combined attack of cuteness and tears. Was he even allowed to yell at her when she was showing that expression?

He finally sighed and asked, "are you going to stay quiet the entire time?"

Sang Yunxie knew that she had to apologize, but honestly she wanted it to be real. That's why she was so frustrated, and couldn't speak.

She finally opened her mouth and took a deep breath. "I'm not good with apologies... It's stupid because I just apologized to you last week." She said trying to find the right words.

The ML just stayed quiet, he wanted something real but she wasn't taking him seriously.

Sang Yunxie understood what he was feeling and didn't want to take him for granted. However, she also knew that he couldn't be her first preoccupation. Her mission came first. He was just one world.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

The ML knew that they were going to gonna have another long talk and he was all for it. He just wanted to put all the cards on the table.