Chapter 45: Solitude

*unedited *

Nandini had her eyes closed and was humming the song. Her head was moving in sync with the tune, same was with the tapping of her legs. As much as Nandini was enjoying the song, Manik was enjoying the view. "This song was one of the songs which I used to play on loop. Aisa lagta tha ki mai hi gaa rahi hu ( I used to feel as if I am singing it)", said Nandini expressing her mind. There was one way blabbering going on, just from Nandini's side because Manik was silent. He wasn't saying anything because he was well aware that Nandini wants to and also HAS to empty herself. That's why he was just listening to her. Giving response in monosyllables whenever needed.

After speaking for a while Nandini realized that Manik was not speaking. She looked to her side and found him wordlessly staring at her with all the love he has for her, still Nandini couldn't see through. It is said that a person who is sleeping can be woken up but a person pretending to be asleep can not be woken. Similarly, a person pretending not to need love can't be forced to see someone's love.

"Tum Mujhe roz ek gaana suna ke hi rahoge naa (You'll make me listen to a song everyday right) ", said Nandini looking into Manik's eyes. Manik shrugged his shoulders smiling at her and Nandini returned the smile.

Looking at the sky, Nandini started speaking, "I don't think so it is going to work. The wounds that have caused so much pain won't heal so easily. ", she was voicing her opinion in the same pessimistic approach , but Manik was Manik. He can find positivity in the darkest of times," Look Nandini, even I'm unsure if it will work out or no but we have nothing to loose. You cannot be more wounded that what you are, so I have a win win situation. I don't feel there is any harm in it," explained Manik. As always, Manik's eyes touched something in Nandini and she said something she never thought she will , " I promise Manik. I understand you want me to sing and I even know that you understand how hard it is for me. I am not promising you that I will definitely sing but yes I am promising that the day I feel like singing I'll sing. I will not stop myself then because of the past memories".

Nandini was resolute and Manik was on cloud nine. Nandini was slowly changing, changing for good that too in front of Manik's eyes. There were no big changes but small drops make big oceans right. Manik has seen to what limit a woman can go when she becomes determined to achieve it. The same determination was in Nandini's eyes. She was unsure about it working out but she agreed for his sake.

"I am feeling sleepy ", said Nandini yawning. "Yeah me too. Take these medicines and sleep", Manik forwarded her a bottle of water along with few medicines. "Good Night Manik", wished Nandini , " Yeah Good Night and my dreams ", Manik wished. " You meant sweet dreams right?", asked Nandini. " Ab agar mere dreams aayenge toh vo sweet toh honge hi ( Now if you will see my dreams they will definitely be sweet)", Nandini very well understood the point behind it and said ," Manik don't you think i am not someone who is meant for flirting", Manik's eyes turned a little intense as he pulled Nandini towards him by her waist. Startled at the sudden pull Nandini crashed into his chest. Their eyes did what they are best at, took each other into an eye lock. Nandini , for the first time saw something else than unwavering determination. She could totally feel that flame of unbridled passion in his eyes. The time around them stopped for them. Manik's hand paved their way from her back to grasp her waist. That paving forced Nandini to hold her breath. His hold on her waist was not tight much but was enough to make Nandini feel goosebumps. Manik scanned her face, deeply analyzing her eyes , lips ,nose and every feature her face had. Not that he has never seen them closely, but because every time when he sees them he finds it difficult to move his eyes from them. " Tum flirting ke liye nahi Nandini , ishq ke liye bani ho aur ishq meri sehat liye accha nahi hai (You're not made for flirting Nandini you are made for love and love is not good for my health) ", as he completed , he left her waist and moved apart. (Who all understood the reference? 😉🙌My favourite movie)

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें