16.1

" No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one

" No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one. "

Elbert Hubbard

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

16.1 ; TREASURE QUEST.

"MORGAN, YOUR FRIEND'S RESORT better be as nice as you say it is," Elle quipped as she offered the coffee pot to Caroline. She shook her head as she tilted back her mug to show her the hot chocolate inside. She usually never drinks hot chocolate at work but today was a special day.

Today was the day the BAU has been waiting for since last year—vacation time.

"Hey, I never said it was his," Derek corrected as he leaned against the kitchenette counter. "He just manages the place. But trust me when I tell you it is off the hook."

Elle raised her eyebrow as a skeptical look crossed her face. Caroline rolled her eyes as she scooped up the files from the counter and tucked them under her arm.

"Right. It's. . .how would you say it?" She mockingly tapped her finger against her lip in thought. "Oh, yeah. 'Babe Central'."

Derek threw his arms over Caroline and Elle's shoulders as they headed towards their desks. "Oh, it's so much more than that, princess," he said enthusiastically. "Hot sunny days, cool breezes at night, never-ending tropical drinks with the little umbrellas, and nothing but young, beautiful adults looking to make vacation memories."

Elle had a creamy smile on her face as she asked, "Male and female, right?"

Derek chuckled, "Elle, two weeks of pure heaven." He turned to Caroline on his right and squeezed her arm. "How about it, Care? I can still get you a room for dirt cheap."

She smiled at him as she slipped out from under his arm and plopped the files on her desk. "Thanks for the offer, but I have other plans."

"Oh?" Derek smiled mischievously. "Do these plans have something to do with the young doctor?"

She felt her face starting to burn as a pale blush brushed her cheeks. "No, he's going back home."

Elle pouted at her as she sat down at her desk. "Then what could be better than spending two weeks with yours truly?" She leaned forward and placed her chin in her hands and grinned. "Think about all the young, attractive single men we could meet. The dinner, the drinking, the dancing. . ."

"That all sounds lovely," she told her. "But I'm getting Caitlin and Cass for quality sister-time."

She couldn't help but smile at the thought. With their aunt away on a business trip and Chris and Rebecca on their honeymoon, it would just be Caitlin, Cass, and her for two weeks doing normal family things. Having dinner, playing games, watching tv. She had even planned small trips like going to D.C. for a few days.