𝟒.

CHAPTER 4.| HUNTER & PREY
The path of the indifference

| HUNTER & PREY The path of the indifference

____

In the last few minutes Arsyn had grown incredibly bored. The Mandalorian has gone out giving her strict orders to remain inside the ship as he went to receive his next bounty.

She took the time removing her gloves letting her hands breath feeling the coolness pass. She stared at the tattoos on both of her middle fingers.

The marks of the rebellion and of the iron heart. They represented her parents, it was the last thing she did before officially becoming an assassin. It was to guide her, to remind her that no matter what, she was never alone.

Arsyn looked over at the hatch giving out a long sigh "What's taking him so long?"

She sat up staying inside his cot, it wasn't the coziest but it would do. She placed her gloves back on incase he returned. While in that moment she searched through the cabin.

Arsyn pressed on the keypad that hung on the wall. A hiss was heard behind her making her glance back to reveal the weapons vault.

She let out a satisfied hum, and walked over tracing her fingers over the weapons. Her hand hovered over the gold metal handle, the center engraved with a wolf.

She took it out of its place keeping her arm stretched out letting the blades sling out automatically. The ultrasaber war blade was then placed in her holster.

Arsyn closed the doors upon hearing the hatch being opened. She leaned casually against the wall seeing him walk in. "Who are we catching?"

He glanced at her through his vizor. She gave out a sigh "Who are you catching?"

"I don't know" he gave her a clear and honest answer. She pushed herself off the wall confusion written across her face "You don't know. So how exactly are you even going to get them?"

He lifts up the tracking fob giving her a simple answer. The Mandalorian noticed the warblade now within her possession "I see you found your sword"

Arsyn gave a playful smile pulling one out. "It's beautiful isn't it. Too bad you don't know how to properly use it"

"Who says I don't"

"I say"

Arsyn and the Mandalorian held their stare. It wasn't the first time she stared through a helmet like his, it didn't make her afraid it just reminded her of her past. She wasn't the only one who thought so, he had done things he wasn't so proud of, and with her being an expert in the field of killing, she shared life experience in that course.

"Now who's the one staring" She states softly breaking the contest

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Arvala-7 was a desert planet. Everywhere her eyes roamed was nothing of orange mountains and plains that were dry and rocky. This was definitely a remote planet where no one would ever think of tracking you.

Arsyn glances behind feeling the slight warm air flow through. She turned back seeing a weird like creature race towards the duo. "Look out!" She shoves the Mandalorian aside only for her to hit the ground.

It growled in her face getting ready to bite her, she grabs its mouth trying her best to hold it back, she moves her head feeling it's drool land on her face. She groans using her feet to kick the thing off of her.

She scoots back not having time to stand on her feet, pulling out a blade yelling as it ran towards her as the beasts were suddenly down with a wave of electricity.

Arsyn moves her gaze over towards the Mandalorian who was pulling himself out from under the beast that had been trying to eat him. She had noticed another figure, a small man who happened to be perched atop yet another of the beasts.

She wipes her face feeling the disgusting slimy drool, the Mandalorian made his way towards the women stretching a hand out for her, she took it as he pulled her up "That was really gross" she remarked.

The man, Kuiil, offered his help to the duo, and led them back to his home. Tall spires standing tall, the windmill slightly squeaking as the breeze of the desert passes through, along with the equipment set up not far from his hut.

Kuiil had explained the creatures. They were called blurrgs. Supposedly the Mandalorians were known to have tamed them cycles ago.

The ugnaught offered them medical supplies as he and the Mandalorian continued to converse of the journey towards the bounty many have tried to capture and failed.

Arsyn cleaned the Mandalorians wound giving it all her attention, The metal plating had kept the blurrg's teeth from causing permanent damage. All they needed was to disinfect them. She wrapped it gently trying her best to not hurt him.

Once finished she excused herself wanting to clean up. "You are lucky. Most Mandalorian do not trust any outsiders, only their own. It seems the women has captured your eye" Kuiil states as Arsyn walked out of the hut cleaning herself from the blurrgs slime.

"Alpha is just my partner. We owe each other a debt" The Mandalorian states. He didn't even know if that was even her real name, it was just the way anyone who hunted her called her.

It was only fair, she didn't know him and he didn't know hers.

"My boy, a debt was already paid." Kuiil referees on how she saved his life, healed his wounds, this a debt, just wasn't it.

"I know so little of the women. I offered a spot for her safety, nothing else." The Mandalorian was grateful for having the company, and with her actions of saving his life, did he think right of keeping her around?