𝟓.

CHAPTER 5.| CAN'T LET IT REPEAT
I can't let it happen again

| CAN'T LET IT REPEAT I can't let it happen again

____

When daylight came upon them, Arsyn found herself standing outside a pen with Kuiil. The Mandalorian was wearily eyeing a blurrg from across the corral.

The first time the Mandalorian tried he ended up on his back. It became pretty clear by his reaction time that the falls were getting him frustrated, she could see it. which was an odd statement considering she couldn't see his face and he wasn't exactly saying anything. It was his body language and groans that escaped him.

"Perhaps if you removed your helmet" Kuiil suggested making the Mandalorian show his frustration in his voice "Perhaps he remembers I tried to roast him."

"This is a female. The males are all eaten during mating." Kuiil explains correcting the gender, surprising the assassin of the fact he stated.

"Oh, That's tough"

Arsyn leaned against the bars watching through "Why do you go and join him?" Kuiil suggested.

"And fall a dozen times? No thanks" she declined keeping her eyes at bay.

"Perhaps you can achieve this. Blurrgs are just like us, they are reserved and aware of their surroundings"

Arsyn sighs "Fine"

She climbed over the gates staying in her spot seeing the other blurrg stares dead at her. She swallowed harshly taking a glance towards the Mandalorian who got up from the ground.

He was protected by his armor, the only thing that would break her fall was nothing but her gear of a scarf and leather coat.

She took cautious steps. She was prepared to make a run for it if it were to come full speed. It bares its teeth making her lower her stance, she was almost in a crouch position hoping that her stance became less intimidated.

A loud thud was heard beside her, making the blurrg and her face the Mandalorian who had taken another fall, she watched him march over to Kuiil who safely stood on the other side.

"I'm not going to hurt you. It's the last thing I'll do" she spoke directly towards the blurrg moving slowly with her hands stretched out.

She let the blurrg get a whiff of her scent. Arsyn gilded her hand under its chin making it bow. She let her gloved hand touch her face "Good girl" Arsyn whispered. Sending a reassuring smile to the beast.

Taking her shot she hoisted herself upon it feeling it move making her brace in case she was to be kicked off. Surprisingly nothing of that sort happened.

"Yes!" She cheered making the blurrg react quickly, not having a chance to hang on she fell off landing harshly on the rock. She groaned feeling another patch of slime go toward her face.

She glances over at the blurrg, giving it a painful smile "Ouch" she coughed seeing the hunter come over "It seems you like taking a fall" He sarcastically teases.

"Oh, ha, ha—Whatever." He pulled her up. Letting her pat the dust off "Besides I didn't see you get on"

"That's because it happened when you fell" He states tilting his head. She clicks her tongue.

"You know what—" she pointed at him not having any other words come out "I got nothing" dropping her hands to her side feeling her body ache.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

The journey to the encampment was longer than expected, nothing but the cracked desert and the extreme heat that rain upon the three, The assassin covered her face with the use of her scarf blocking the dust that blew by.

She rode in between the two males. The Mandalorian hadn't fully trusted her, having her placed in front of him made him keep a close eye on the woman.

The further they moved the more she couldn't stand the heat. She placed her hair up revealing the patched up mark. He couldn't help but stare, he was too late to prevent such permanent stain.

He thought of the possibilities. The things Lanús had warned him about. How much Talía trusted the women in front of him, and how she betrayed her, what if she did the same whenever the opportunity was placed in front of Alpha?

She was definitely an enigma, she radiated the emotion she held. He heard of her even before taking the puck, before ever meeting her, the missions she had pulled off, the people she worked for in other assignments.

But it led to one name. Alpha. Whenever you need someone as sly as a Vulptex. She made a reputation for herself, everyone feared, craved, and awed at her name.

The thought was cut short as they reached the edge of the cliff.

"That is where you'll find your quarry" Kuiil pointed up ahead.

Arsyn jumped down and walked ahead removing the scarf from her nose. Keeping her eyes peeled in case something else came out and surprised them.

She took a glance seeing Kuiil depart from the duo. He sent her one last wave making her follow the gesture with a slight smile.

"Guess it's just and you me now" She refers. "He'll be fine. Just worry about yourself right now" He moves right ahead making her follow his movement as he laid on the ground taking a look at the field.

"Oh, no. Bounty Droid" He sighs. Arsyn glances at him "That's not good if it came out of you."

They watched from up-top of the mountain "So what's your play?"

"You see that droid, I'm going down there and try to form a negotiation. I need you to stay up here in case it recognizes you. Stay out of sight, if anything goes south, you run" He informes. He took a stand to make his way.

She grasped his arm staring up at him "Hold up. Run? I'm sorry, and I know that you know this. Every bounty hunter that's made it this far hasn't escaped. If anything does happen I'm coming down"

As much as he hated to admit it. She held pride and worry, it was an emotion no one had ever expressed in such a long time towards him. It was foreign to him.

"We made a deal, don't interfere with the bounties, that includes no questions ask and follow my orders" He spoke firmly. She backed up standing down.

She just didn't want the same thing to happen again. To lose another life. "Okay, I'll stay here." It was soft yet it held so much emotion, without any other words he gave a curt nod and left the area.

He felt her eyes follow him. Had his words really affected the ex-assassin? Until the thought back to the organization, Talía, her old partner, was she afraid of something happening to him because of her past?

It was for the best. To leave her behind, he should've just stuck with that from the moment he came back to rescue her, but he didn't. And he should've.