Chapter Thirty-One: Scream Out Your Pain

I learned how to be happy because I know what unhappiness felt like

-Lilly Singh 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't think I've ever seen my friends this mad.

They were enraged.

Greta was the sweetest person we knew. Anyone who threatened her threatened all of us as well. I couldn't imagine why anyone would even want to harm her. Her heart was made out of pure gold. Malfoy had literally attacked her, and she wasn't even mad at him. She was disappointed. She expected him to be more and do more. She had such high hopes for him, but they shattered like glass... never again able to be fixed anew.

No one left her alone after that. One of us was always by her side. One of us was always escorting her to and from classes. I knew she appreciated it by the teary look in her eyes whenever she stared at us.

I was sitting eating my lunch with Abby, Pan and Claude when Chris strolls over.... alone. "Where's Greta?" Pan is the first one to voice our concerns. He looks over at Abby in confusion.

"Wasn't she with you? She told me you two were meeting in the washrooms, and I could come eat lunch with you guys." He says slowly. Abby shakes her head slowly, a look of bafflement on her own face.

"No, she never told me that."

It takes us all of three seconds to start panicking. We all get to our feet, and Abby looked ready to burst into tears. "Where could she be!?" Pan asks in fear.

My eyes whip over to the Slytherin table. My heart drops when I see that Malfoy wasn't there. "I'm looking for Malfoy." I snarl. Abby nods, eyes blazing as she stood beside me.

"You guys look for Greta," Abby tells the rest of our friends, as Abby and I begin our march. "Where are we going?" Abby demands, following me to the Slytherin table. "Don't tell me you're going to talk to Tom Riddle." She hisses in an astounded tone. I don't answer her and round the Slytherin table, moving to sit in Malfoy's usual spot beside the black-haired boy.