Chapter 1

Girl, Boy

/////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hello?"

"Hey, how much would you charge for 2 golden retrievers?"

"Excuse me?"

"Um, is this not See Spot Walk Spokane?"

"Again, excuse me?"

"Aw shit. See, my mom got on my case the other day because I, quote on quote, don't walk the dogs enough. But, it's winter and I don't want to go through the hassle of walking the dogs after basketball practice. So I called this number to see how much it would cost for a dog-walker to do it for me...so are you sure you're not someone named Katy in the Spokane area who wants to walk my four-legged friends?" 

"Well, I am in the Spokane area, and I do love dogs, but unfortunately I am not Katy."

"You love dogs huh, do you have any of your own? Interested in taking in two golden retrievers?"

"You're awfully trusting of a random voice on the other side of the phone."

"What can I say, you've got a voice that screams responsible dog owner."

"I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment."

"Take it however you want...Hey my mom is asking me for some answers so I guess I have to call an actual dog walker."

"Oh, alright, well good luck."

"Yeah thanks, have a good one."