14 | astrophile

Astrophile [ Astro•phile ]
n. A person who loves stars

= a/n : from now on, the beginning chapter slides are going to contain images that are being described from the chapter =

I dashed past him, running up the stairs to the second floor in which Vincenzo owns. Quickly, I slammed open my bedroom door, spotting the dress he left out for me along with shoes and a note. Biting down on my lip, I contemplated what I should do.

It was a beautiful red dress, a high slit, and a deep v-neck to expose some cleavage. The heals were simple golden stilettos. Turning towards the closet, I hurriedly and grabbed as much of the clothes as possible. My hands grabbed ahold of the suitcase, and I began throwing things inside of it. I blame it on my fear that caused the tears to fall from my eyes.

Just then, Vincenzo walked into my room with a cold look on his face until he saw me crying in the closet with a suitcase halfway full of clothes.

"Che cazzo, Bella?" He asked grabbing ahold of my arms and taking me out of the closet. Tears were falling from my eyes as I moved as far away from him as I could. [ what the f*ck ]

"Y-you're just going to get tired of me, and then- and then you're just going to give me to Angelo and Angelo is going to sell me to your brother so I can be just like those girls; I don't want to be! Oh, my god, And- and my mother just left me here. Everything's confusing and I've been trying so hard to act like it's not affecting me, but I'm so scared," I cried out, anxiety causing me panic.

He looked at me for a moment, confusion all over his face. His eyes were open into little slits while he looked at me as if I just lost my mind-which I think I did.

"Come here," he said after a while, walking over to my bed where he sat down, facing away from me. Taking a deep breath, I wiped my tears away, suddenly feeling very stupid for my outburst. A hiccup climbed out of my throat as I slowly walked towards him.

When I was close enough, he lightly grabbed my hand, pulling me until I was directly in front of his seated figure. My eyes gazed down into his as he held onto my hand.

"I'm not going to put up with this. You are going to speak to me as an adult. Wipe your tears, don't pack a bag, and explain to me what's going on so we can see if there's a modo di risolverlo, no?" He spoke, holding eye contact with me. He brought his hand up, and instinctively my eyes shut as I flinched only to feel a ghost of his fingertips wipe away a tear that was falling from my eyes. [ way to solve it ]

When I opened my eyes, he looked hurt, but he quickly covered it up.

"You're right, I'm sorry for acting like a child, but you have to understand that all of this is scary for me. Not too long ago I was at home watching cartoons, and eating pizza with my dad. Now, I'm here and it feels like there's no one here with me. Then to hear that my mother is gone-I don't know what's going on, but how else can you expect me to react?" I ask him.

He nodded his head slowly in understanding before patting the space beside him on the bed. I sat down, feeling instantly small. He undid his tie before taking off his suit jacket. I watched every one of his actions wondering how he could look so good doing almost anything.

"What all did you hear?" He asked.

"Angelo told me about Omertà, the code of silence. Then, he told me all about how, by this time, you'd be over me. It was as if after you were done with me, it was his turn. Then I met the cook, Sarah, who was really nice to me," I said, pausing momentarily to not bring up Anastasia. The last thing I wanted was for her to fall under the tornado of his anger.