Chapter 58

Kora

Kora

I could hear the tiny whispers from the hall, just as I stood at the front door, fighting within my spirit, and contemplating if I should just walk inside, in my head. For some reason, I was still beyond terrified, especially since the whole school was aware I was a mutual enemy now.

It had been exactly two days since I got my black card, but believe me, I was not dead yet. I still got a lot of people sending me death threat texts, and scribbling a lot of curses on my door, with paint I had to clean off every morning. I still had people turning their heads, whenever I walked past them, and people talking about me, when they thought I wasn't listening, and even when they knew I was, they didn't care enough to stop. That was practically the story of my life. In two days, I had become the most hated person on campus, and it was all because of that one kiss. Imagine the thought that my life was going to end because of a kiss? A really epic way to end my life, you'd hate to see it.

I felt a large bump on my shoulders, just as some girls walked past me. Looked like they were in a hurry. They didn't even care to apologize. I stopped walking in response to the sudden pain on my shoulder.

"Did you guys hear?" I could hear one of them tell the rest as they walked towards the hall I was walking to. "We are having music classes with old money for the entire week."

I raised my head to them quickly, holding my breath.

"Really?" One of them asked. "I heard that this morning, but I wasn't sure the news was legit."

"It is. Chiamaka just told me now that they are in class. She's in class too."

"Wow. Really? "

"Yes. I heard their music professor is on a one week leave. She's sick, so they are going to be having classes with us the entire week."

"That's amazing. Wow, it means we are going to be sitting with them in the same class. Us and old money? Oh my gosh, I can't believe it. Wait a minute."

They all stopped walking right in front of the door, and then turned to the second girl who tried to adjust her skirt.

"How do I look?" She asked them. "Do I look okay?"

"You look perfect. What about me?"

"Beautiful."

"Beautiful enough to get a kiss from Jeremiah?"

The third girl scoffed.

"You wish."

"Why? He kissed that girl the other day at the gala. Is she better than me? I'm ten times better than her. Prettier than her, and if things work out well for my father, I could get to be a member of old money in a couple of years, which means I'd be ten times richer than her too."

"Do you want to get a black card too? Didn't you see what Oma did to her the other day at the cafeteria? Don't say things that could get you into trouble."