Chapter Fifteen

After the girls had all settled in Biana's spacious room, they turned towards Sophie. Biana was honestly scaring her. She had a hungry look in her eyes, like she was craving some drama.

"Spill," she demanded. Linh nodded eagerly. Sophie attempted to look innocent.

"What do you mean? Nothing unusual has happened," Sophie cringed at her bad acting. It was no use. Biana and Linh shared a look.

"Sophie, you've got to stop denying it," Linh said sternly. "We all see the way you look at each other! Heck, we even caught you guys almost kissing!" Biana nodded smugly. Sophie's face burned.

"Okay, okay. You got me. I may have a slight crush on him." Sophie finally said. Both girls gave her a look.

"Fine. Maybe a bit more than a little crush." Biana's squeal was deafening.

"IknewitIknewitIknewit!!! That's so cute!!!" Biana clapped her hands as she giddily jumped up and down on her bed.

     "If you knew, why are you acting so insane," Sophie grumbled. "Besides, it's not like anything really serious has happened."

     "This is a huge step for you," Biana insisted. "You're finally out of the oblivious stage!" Linh looked smug.

     "It turns out my brother was right about you guys," she said.

     "But nothing's happened! Keefe and I just got caught up in the moment. I haven't even told him that I like him!" Biana snorted at Sophie's outburst.

     "Sophie, sweetie, he's an Empath. I suspect he's known for a while." Sophie fell silent. He really knew? This whole time he had just sat by and watched her get her heart broken by Fitz? True, he had comforted her and supported her. He even gave her advice on her and Fitz's relationship! Maybe he didn't like her. The thought made her heart hurt more than she expected it to.

     "Whatever," she said. "Why don't we talk about something else?" Biana and Linh shared another knowing look. It was starting to get on her nerves.

     "Allllrighttttt," Biana said with exaggerated reluctance. "I guess we should see if the boys are done." Sophie sighed in relief.

     "But," Linh added. "We expect you to keep us updated." Sophie, yet again, rolled her eyes.

     "Fine. But don't you guys have better stuff to do?"

     "Nope," they replied in unison. And with that, the trio headed for the living room.