Chapter Thirty-Two: Soft Spots are Weaknesses

- Why do I always feel like I'm drowning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up, my eyes whipping open, and I groan in pain. My head rushed up to clutch my head. I was parched to the degree that my tongue felt like sandpaper. It was scraping my throat so roughly, I agonized me to swallow.

I see a glass beside my bed and try to chug it down only to spit it back out. "Ughhhh." I groan, turning around in my bed to see Greta lying on the bed beside mine. Beside her bed was a sleeping Malfoy.

"You." I snarl, making Malfoy jump up in fear. Light sleeper he was.

"Valentine," Malfoy says, and I sneer.

"Don't go near her, you loathsome, evil coach roach!"

"You don't understand! I was worried about her!"

"Worried! YOU put her here!!" I almost shout in my anger. He hangs his head, ashamed. He should be. I see Abby sleeping by the foot of my bed. She was fast asleep lying face down on the covers.

Claude and Chris were also asleep in chairs around my bed and Greta's. Pan was sleeping in a manner very similar to Abby's, at the foot of Greta's hospital bed, huddled into a tight ball.

"Get out." I snarl at him. "Get out, or I'll curse you so bad, you'll lose your arm."

He pales. "Just tell her- tell her-" I interrupt him, eyes hard.

"I'm not relaying a message to my best friend from the boy that almost killed her." That was all it took for him to leave. He left before I could insult him more to my drastic displeasure.

"Valentine?" Claude grunts and opens his eyes tiredly. I shoot him one of my own tired smiles. "Hey, Claude," I whisper, and he looked devastated. "I'm so sorry." He croaks.

"You and Abby and Greta. Oh, dear Greta. You and Abby saved her, and we couldn't even find her." He was close to tears.

I reach up and grab the redhead's hand. He had a heart of gold this one.