xxxiv

song(s) for this chapter: blue X beyoncé

"Nadira why don't you listen huh?" Gionni asked as she was caught trying to pick Nayeli up off the couch

"I didn't do anything babe!" she defended, stepping away from Nayeli's sleeping body. He stepped up instead and picked her up off the couch, she instantly got comfortable on his shoulder. She followed him up the stairs and into her room where he tucked her in and kissed her goodnight. She did the same and they went back downstairs to watch tv.

It was now April and Nadira was 38 weeks pregnant. She just had her cerclage removal done three days prior and had specific instructions to lay off of strenuous activities until their son was born. She was just so used to doing things like picking Nayeli up to take her to bed that she didn't consider it strenuous.

"Baby, Nayeli is nearly 55 pounds you can't just be picking her up, especially not when she's sleeping," he lectured, rubbing on her stomach. Her legs were thrown over his lap and she leaned into the crook of his neck. The fact that she loved to hang on him and be cuddled by him never changed, if anything it grew right along with their baby.

"I know," she pouted. "I'm sorry, I keep forgetting,"

"Mhm don't let that pregnancy brain get you popped girl," he joked, pinching her thigh. "You wanna get snacks?" he asked. Around this time of night, all she wanted was to eat and lay with him.

She pressed a kiss to his neck and shook her head.

"Nadira," he chuckled. "Don't start."

Not having sex was easier for him than it was for her. Pregnancy made her sex drive much higher and he constantly had to remind her that they couldn't, no matter how bad he wanted it. It didn't make it any better that they were reminded that her cervix needed extra healing after birth so the typical six weeks could become eight.

"Why not, baby?" she whined, kissing him again. He'd given in more than a few times and let her give him head, but he always felt bad when he couldn't give her anything back, so he tried his best to resist her.

"You know why, mama. Until I can get back up in you, I don't want you giving me nothing," he stated, making her groan. "What's the matter?"

"You taste good. I like doing it G, just let me," she rubbed her leg across his lap, knowing he was already hard. He sucked in a sharp breath, letting his eyes close. "Please?" she mumbled in his ear, taking his earlobe in her mouth.

"Okay okay, but this is the last time," he tried to warn as she freed him from his shorts.

"You said that last time," she smirked, making him laugh.