3~Escape

Agenor

"Heave ho!!"

I barked at the stupid pirate and he hustled to row harder. I stood at the front of the boat as it cut through the darkness, with arms folded, and a hellish mood.

I shut my eyes close and breathed the fresh air of the night trying to calm the fuck down, but it only managed to get me even angrier. Because as soon as I did, I saw those eyes.

I saw him falling back, and looking at me with his deep blue eyes, filled with confusion and hurt.

Those eyes... I adored them...

But that was not the kind of confusion that I loved to see in them. What the FUCK have I done? Why did I have to be such a jerk?? The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. And that's simply because I knew the exact reason behind my behavior; I was fucking scared.

I have never been scared of someone's thoughts before. I rarely cared about other people's opinion; usually I don't give a damn about what they think. But this time, it was so different. I feared his thoughts so much that I couldn't even find it me to talk to him about it. And as much as I hated to admit it, I knew deep inside me that Nyx still yearned for home. I knew that if he had the chance, he would take it.
And I'm fucking mad at him because of that. Maybe I couldn't blame him, seeing how good ties he has with his family and all, but I sure as hell am not gonna stand back and let him leave. Shit, I couldn't even stand my own crew without him!

As soon as we stepped on Esme, we made the camp and they started dinner. I couldn't even eat knowing that Nyx was there, alone in the sea. Some even went to buy whores already, and they waited for me to lead the way. But I sent them away. I felt my heart closed for everything; I couldn't even get myself to enjoy the sand on the beach.

So here I am, the almighty Fucking devil, crossing the sea very late at night, looking for the one thing that set a hurricane in my head in the first place: those eyes....

I looked behind me and glared at the pirate once more. His arms started moving frantically, and I sighed; any faster and his arms would fall off. I lifted the lamp near my face for the members on Martina to see me and not be alarmed. If they suspected a stranger rowing towards them, those stupid assholes might send an arrow my way.

The boat closed to the ship and a rope was immediately thrown off the deck. I grabbed it and started climbing.
Alright. So......... I Fucked up. That part is clear. Now all I have to do is make it up to him. Well, I doubt he'll be receiving me with open arms; he'll probably start defending himself or send me blaming glares that deliver speeches sharper than daggers; Aye, that's something he's actually good at. All I need to do is explain his mistake for him and he'll be forced to understand.

I stood mid-climb as I realized, what was his mistake again???.... It feels like I punished him for something yet to happen. But I am sure it was gonna happen!! Is that even logical? Oh, that's so like Nyx, he always gets to my head in strange ways and somehow manages to confuse me. THEN he doesn't even take responsibility and acts as if he knows nothing about it! 

I fumed as I jumped on the deck and made my way to my cabin while ignoring the questioning looks of the few idiots around me.

I opened the door allowing the moonlight to sneak more into the room. I looked around the bed and my heart leapt from my chest when I saw the bed sheets laying flat on the bed.

My eyes widened, my breath accelerated and I almost shouted to call the mates to look for my treasure. But luckily, I halted just in time when I felt his gaze on me; I turned to find him sitting by the left wall.