1

Louis was annoyed.

He's getting ready to board a plane to Texas. Why Texas? Well his mother thought it would be a great idea for him to spend his summer (before his grade twelve year may he add)  at his aunts farm. It's not that he doesn't love his aunt, he does, but the country life really isn't his thing...Especially when she lives on a huge farm in a small town called Dripping Springs. Who's names a town Dripping Springs? The last time Louis was there he was 12. He doesn't remember much, a lot of corn, mud and smelly animals. It was never Louis scene. He grew up in a huge house and went to a private school. His mom and aunt lived very different lives to make it clear.

"Be safe, and have fun! Be nice to Aunt Jenny okay?" His mom plants a kiss to his cheek.

"I'll try my hardest to make the best of it" Louis puts on a fake smile and his mom frowns at him.

"Lou, please" she pleads "this will be good for you! You'll love it there, I promise"

"Yeah, I hope so" he says and then his flight is called for the second time. "Alright, I gotta go, love you" he gives her a quick hug and gets in the line to get on the plane.

His mom gives him a smile and wave and he waves back.

This is gonna be a long flight.

When the view down below starts changing from water and hills to flat land Louis knows he's in Texas.

When he exits the plane he automatically turns his airplane mode off and lets his phone flood in with the notifications from Instagram, Snapchat and iMessage. He answers his group chat from his best friends Niall and Perrie.

After he grabs his bags from baggage claim he opens the text from his aunt that she was waiting in the arrivals area and he follows the flood of people who are also going that way. The airport isn't big, not like California's. This one is easier to navigate.

"Louis!" He hears, looking up from his phone he sees his aunt. You'd think his mom and aunt were twins. They look so much alike, his mom being 4 years older, but they are almost identical. Save the red hair and glasses his aunt has, different from his moms brown hair. He smiles and pockets his phone, walking into her open arms for a hug.

"Hey, Aunt Jen" he says, wrapping his tangled headphones.

"Look how big you've gotten! It's been too long, How are you dear!? How was the flight?" She says grabbing his suit case, he protests as she insists.

"It was good, long, I slept most of it" he says.

"That's great hun" she says as they walk towards the parking lot. Louis finds it very warm in his hoodie and sweat pants already. They reach a red truck, it's older and small, it has a wooden gate wrapped around the bed of it. not like the trucks he sees in the city. His aunt puts his bags in the trunk and she hops into drivers seat, Louis having to hoist himself up a bit at the height of the truck.

"Not used to the truck huh?" She teases.

"No, mom still has the Honda" he says buckling in.

"Oh, I thought Mark bought her a new one?" She says pulling onto the highway.

"He did! But she doesn't like to drive it, she wants to drive the Honda till it breaks" Louis shrugs.

"Of course, only your mother" she says.

They make small talk for the drive, they have a lot to catch up on. He's always found it easy to talk to his aunt since she's a lot like his mom and even though it's been 7 years he doesn't feel awkward or uncomfortable. Which is something he's great full for.