Chapter 59

Lady K

Lady K

It had been barely thirty minutes since Kora ran out of the classroom, and the class was back to normal. Everyone seemed to be so concentrated on the lecturer in front of them, as he went through the slides that appeared on the projector. They listened attentively, everyone except Luke of course.

Luke kept turning back to where Jeremiah was, and scoffing all the time. The same questions repeating themselves in his head. How could he sit there so comfortably, and act like he didn't see what had happened? How could all of them- he slouched into his chair, and struggled to pull his tie from his neck. The lecturer's voice still echoed around the room from the microphone, and it gave Luke such a headache. He couldn't take it anymore. He was upset, really upset. He got up quickly, and it started a lot of distractions as he tried to find his way to the stairs, right to where they all sat, members of the rich people's club. Old money.

He came to a stop, right in front of Jeremiah, and at that moment, the lecturer stopped talking. Luke was distracting everyone, and they were slowly pushing their attention to him. Jeremiah stopped looking into his book for a second. He raised his head slowly.

"Are you just going to sit there?" Luke asked him? "Didn't you see what just happened? Are you going to sit there and watch it continue? Watch everyone disrespect her?"

Jeremiah exhaled.

"Please refrain from disturbing this class." The lecturer announced from the microphone.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Luke continued. When he was pretty determined to cause a scene, he always caused a scene, and this time, he just couldn't help himself. "Aren't you going to tell everyone what really happened? I'm talking to you!" He raised his voice at Jeremiah.

"Please step away from my classroom if you want to cause a scene-"

Luke was barely even listening to what the man in front of the class was saying.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked him. "What kind of a person are you?" He turned to the rest of them. "What kind of persons are all of you?"

Oma scoffed. A tiny smirk appearing on her face.

"Don't you think you're talking to the wrong audience?" She asked him. "Your girlfriend did the most here. You should be scolding her, not us."

Luke scoffed.

"You know, I always thought you were an incredible person." Luke told Jeremiah. "It sucks that I was wrong. It sucks that you're nothing like everyone thinks you are. You are not a man, and you have no honor."

Jeremiah scoffed softly. Just who did he think he was talking to? Was he not the same person that had abandoned Kora in the past, for her step sister, just to get into NAUN? How dare he?

"If anything happens to Kora." He continued. "If anything happens to Kora, I'm not going to let it go. I would never forgive you." He turned to the rest of them. "Any of you."