After The Benefits End - Part 44

“Everything okay?” I ask

“Yea...everything’s perfect.” Siobhan smiles “We just wanted a private chat with you two.”

“Oh okay.” Evie smiled popping another strawberry into her mouth.

“We just wanted to say how proud we are of you girls. We’ve watched you grow up from these two gorgeous babies into stunning...beautiful women.” Siobhan says

“Aww thank you.” I blush

“I know your parents would have loved to have been here today.” Sharon begins and we both nod slowly. “They would have been so proud of you...and what you have become. Me and Siobhan we’re saying how we couldnt have chosen two better girls for our boys.”

“I know you two will look after our boys, we trust you two like you were our daughters and love you both as if you were. I know your mum is no longer with us...but don’t ever feel like you can’t talk to us...either of us about anything okay. We’re always here for you.” Siobhan smiles, her eyes glistening.

By now I was crying, slow happy tears sliding down my cheeks. “Aww we didn’t mean to make you two cry.” Sharon smiled pulling Evie into a hug as Siobhan hugged me

“Sorry...” Evie sniffed. “But they are happy tears...right Liv?”

“Definitely. We love you two like you are our second mums.”

We stood chatting away to Sharon and Siobhan for a little while longer before Sharon and Evie went to go and find Luke.

“So is everything good with you and my boy then?” Siobhan asks me as we sat back down

“Yea...we’re really good. I love him soo much.”

“I can tell and I know you are everything to him. I’ve never seen him like this before. Even though you, Evie, Dan and Luke always played together from when you were babies...there was always just something about yours and Dan’s relationship that stood out for me. Me and your mum always spoke about how you two would end up together.” she smiled

“Really?” I gasped

“Yea totally. We would sit in the park and just watch you. You two never argued and I duno...thinking back there was always just a connection with you two. I’m glad you got together in the end.”

“Thank you.” I smile and her and she nods at me.

“By the way...” she whispers coming closer to my ear “Congratulations on being pregnant?”

I pulled away gob smacked...how did she know? Did Dan tell her?

“Errr...what?”

“So you are then?” she beamed and I nodded, a smile bursting onto my face.

“Ahhhhh” she screamed pulling me into a hug.

“How did you know?” I ask her. “Did Dan tell you?”

“No, he didn’t. I guessed.” She smiled holding my hand. “I noticed you’ve not been drinking all day and you’ve got the mother to be glow about you...same with Evie. Plus...Dan has been watching you like a hawk all day and if I’m right...he’s watching us right now.”

We glance around the room and as if on cue we spot him at the bar smiling over at us, I couldnt help but giggle. 

“Call it mother’s intuition if you will.”

“We’ve not told anyone yet. We’re waiting for the doctor to confirm it on Monday.”

“Well your secret is safe with me . I can’t believe im going to be a grandma.”