chapter fifty-nine

special night

your p.o.v

"What do you mean you don't know what you're wearing?"

          I looked to Tomo-chan from over my shoulder with a slightly panicked expression. "What do you think I mean- I don't know what to wear!"

          Haruka giggled as she walked over to try and help me find something nice among all the clutter that has become my wardrobe, Kuppuru sleeping away on my bed as if he owns it. "I'm sure you can find something. You look good in everything."

          "You're lying but thanks for the attempt in a confidence boost."

          "I am not lying. You're just being mean."

          I rolled my eyes at seeing my fellow composer pouting some. "Oh c'mon Haruka, just get your girlfriend to find me something nice to wear. I was supposed to leave like ten minutes ago and I still need Ringo to do my makeup."

          Tomo-chan shook her head as she stepped between Haruka and I and pushed us both away from my wardrobe. "I still can't believe you're having our teacher do your makeup." She said with a smirk. "I never thought I'd see the day a guy would be our go-to makeup consultant."

          "It helps that this guy has been doing makeup for over a decade now." Ringo said as he walked into our dorm room, a small makeup suitcase being pulled behind him as he makes himself comfortable at my desk. "Now come here. That recital is supposed to be starting in less than an hour now and you haven't even gone out to get him flowers."

          "Okay, class getting out late and then having to deal with Otoya nearly killing Syo outside because of their quote-unquote 'hardcore training' wasn't exactly my idea so it's not my fault I'm running so behind." I defended myself as I listened to the pink haired idol and took a seat across from him, our knees bumping against one another every now and again.

          Haruka decided to wander over to Ringo and I, curiously peering down at all of his makeup supplies. "Did you get all of this through PR?" She asked just as he was mixing two concealers on the back of his hand.

          Ringo looked to his student with a small smile. "Of course. Everyone wants me on their newest makeup campaigns so I get all the latest goodies." He mused.

          I tied my hair back just as he was beginning to apply the concealer under my eyes. "Thanks again for helping me out here Ringo. You could be a professional makeup artist and you're seriously a lifesaver."

          "Yeah yeah, thank me by going out with me on a date sometime." He said with a laugh, Tomo-chan making gagging noises as she picks out my outfit to wear for tonight's piano recital.

          Originally, Masato was supposed to just be the accompaniment to a violinist tonight. Turns out she's gotten a nasty case of food poisoning and instead of canceling and having to give back full refunds, Masato offered to put on an entire piano recital in her place. The company hosting the event was hesitant at first in agreeing. But once they realized they had hired a Saotome Academy student as well as the heir to the Hijirikawa Conglomerate, they quickly accepted his proposal so now I get to go watch Masato perform!

          It's been ages since I last heard him play the piano and I couldn't be any more excited to see him in his element. I tried to ask him before class what songs he was going to be performing, but of course he kept it secret. Masato loves being mysterious whenever he can, never wanting to reveal too much too soon. At least he didn't keep the time it's starting a secret.