A new dance captain - 5

"Hey, guys, listen up I have a letter from the internationals board" Ms Kate says while opening the letter " at internationals you'll have to work as a team. But you won't get far without a leader. Declare your leader and you'll be one step closer to Miami."

"Well that's easy" I begin. As others point to Michelle, " she is the dance captain."

" actually guys, i've decided to step down from dance captain." Michelle replies.

Sharing a look of confusion we all begin questioning her.

"So now what?" Noah asks.

" look you guys with Emily gone and Michelle stepping down, I have made the executive decision that Giselle will be our new dance captain." Ms Kate says while pointing to Giselle.

"Me?" She replies, as we all clap for her.

"Guys no, what about me?" Shantel starts, " I want a chance to be dance captain too, when I was co-captain at elite, Lucien and taught me how to make a winning team."

"Alright" Ms Kate replies, " this is what will do. Shantel, you'll choreograph a trio, Giselle, you'll choreograph a trio. The two trios will compete against each other,And the winning dance will determine the dance captain."

Soon she had everyone sit down and Giselle and Shantel, stand at the front.

" okay who wants to be on the contemporary team?" Ms Kate starts.

"I'll do it." Noah states, standing up and walking over to Shantel.

"Hip hop?"

"I'll go" max says.

Soon the teams are: contemporary - Noah, West and I and Hip hop - Eldon, Max and Chloe.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

At the start, I thought working with Shantel would be fun, which I was at the start, but she really over worked us, she really got on us about technique and it looking perfect.

"Alright you guys it's time for the competition" Ms Kate says while standing with Phoebe " who's going first?"

" my team can go first" Shantel says.

*Song: Dandelions by Ruth B*

This dance is all about siblings that just fight and bicker a lot, so at the start, i'm reading a book and Noah takes it away, I try and take it back but he passes it to West, by the end of the dance, we all make up and read the book together. (Watch S3 E8)
I love dancing with Noah and West, we really connect. I mean, I've danced with Noah since we were babies. And west since I was 13. It's just they are technically my family.

"Well done guys!!, Giselles team your up."

Her team begins to dance, and it's really good, it's a mixture of Chloes idea, Eldons and Max's it just makes an awesome dance.

"Okay, those dances were amazing guys, but I think I'm coping to get Michelle to decide."

"Oh, alright." It takes her a while to decide but finally she lets it out. "I think our dance captain is....... Giselle."

We all celebrate and hug Giselle but we are rudely interrupted.

"No! My routine was way better than Giselles," Shantel starts "and it was obvious that Michelle was just going to choose her friend."

"Shant-" Ms Kate starts but gets cut off by me.

"I'm sorry that you don't understand how The Next Step works." I start talking to Shantel pitting a hand up to stop Ms Kate. "I'm sorry, that you believe you deserve this more than Giselle, you only just got here. And I'm pretty sure that anyone from TNS will agree with me that you don't get to walk in and be Dance Captain." I say that last part, when I'm right in her face.

"That's it, I'm not getting the respect I deserve I'm out of here." Shantel says walking out.

I turn around and everyone resumes the hug.

"Giselle?" I say quietly.

"Yeah?"

"You deserve more than anyone."