Wedding

Today was the day of the wedding. I had been up since 6am making sure everything was going to plan and making sure Jules wasn't stressed.

I was now sat in her room, Suki was on FaceTime. She couldn't make it to the wedding because of her filming schedule but she wanted to see Jules.

All of the bridesmaids were getting ready fixing little details here and there. Our mothers were crowded around Jules, mine was doing her hair and Jules's
was flattening out the dress one final time.

A knock on the door catches my attention, it would've gone unheard from the chitter chatter in the room but I was on high alert. I set my phone in Jules's hand so she could speak to Suki as I make my way to the door, opening it a creek and noticing Matty.

I slip out of the bungalow, closing the door behind me. Matty already had his tuxedo on, his hair as tamed as he could manage in the heat.

"Can you wear a tux all the time because you look so attractive right now." I say, dramatically fanning my face with my hand.

He laughs "I think that can be arranged. Why aren't you dressed yet?"

"Been helping out all morning and didn't want to wreck it. Is everything ok? How's Atti?"

"I've never seen him so happy, he hasn't stopped smiling all morning. I just came down to see you and Jules."

He follows me into the bungalow, he takes his hands out of his pockets when my Mum starts fawning over him and gives her a hug.

"Hey Sukes! Miss you!" He says, leaning over Jules's shoulder to press a kiss to her cheek and waves at the girl on the phone.

"Miss you too fucker! Have a shot for me, look after my best friend." She says, pointing a finger at him before winking at me. Wishing Jules one final good luck she hangs up.

The other girls in the room were stood gawking at Matty, he always had a way of turning heads.

"Looking lovely ladies." He says nodding, enjoying the attention.

He looks at me and then at Jules "I can't believe we're best man and maid of honour at your wedding, how's it been 5 years since you first started dating Atti?"

She looks at the two of us lovingly "Feels like a lifetime."

"Are the pre-wedding nerves hitting yet? I'd be nervous if I was marrying Atticus too." I say jokingly, pulling her into my side. 

We laugh and Matty leaves to get back to his duties as best man but not before kissing me hard in front of the gawking eyes.

"Bye Muse!"

The ceremony was beautiful, Atticus couldn't take his eyes off Jules the entire time. The after-party was in full swing, the island buzzing with life.

Ross was sat next to me, his tie now undone hung loosely round his neck as he watches Atticus and Jules dance.

"You probably won't know this but I always had a crush on your brother growing up. It's so weird watching him get married." He mused, taking a sip of his drink.

I pat his thigh gently "Ross, sweetheart, I knew you had a crush on him."

He looks at me confused "How? I never told you."

"You used to spend 20 minutes combing your hair every time I told you he was coming round."

We both laugh at this and Ross shakes his head "Fucking hell, I was so awkward. Got my man back home though now. Just glad Atti found someone so special." He pauses nodding in front of him "Here's your man."

Matty is side stepping awkwardly to the music out of beat as he approaches us "In Mo'orea with all my favourite people. Life is good. Can I sneak a dance with you darling?" He directs at Bea.

Ross cuts across jokingly "Sorry I'm going to have to pass on this one as much as I love you, Matty. I've got to go and make sure Louis got the presents safely to your mum's room."

"Don't break my heart like this Ross. You know you can't deny this love."

They both laugh and Matty grabs Ross's face to give him a massive kiss on the cheek before pulling Bea up.

A slower song comes on and he sways us, his arms around my waist and mine round his neck.

"Can't believe little Atticus got married today. He was like my icon growing up, don't tell him that." Matty says to Bea, making her giggle as they both look over at the man who couldn't take his eyes off his new bride.

"We're getting old! This week has been heaven."

"I can't wait to grow old with you."

Bea looks up to find Matty already looking at her, his eyes glossing over. She presses a kiss to his chest, closing her eyes in content.

"I'm so glad our parents bought houses opposite each other and became best friends."

"So am I. I don't think life would be the same without you in it."

Bea goes to reply but is cut off by Jules calling her name. It's time to throw the bouquet apparently.

I look at Matty who smiles at me in reassurance.

A crowd of women stood in front ready to catch the flowers, Jules catches my eye and smirks before throwing them in my direction. I catch them and smile softly at her.

A girl to my left grumbles before walking back to her seat. Jules comes to my side and whispers "It's an Omen."

a/n: again i edited this chapter quite a lot, not sure if anyone's gone back to read lol but for all the new readers.