29: Whiskey Blue

🚫Do NOT Respond🚫:Let me know when you leave

🚫Do NOT Respond🚫:
Let me know when you leave.

Ni'Kya stared at her phone, heart jumping with each new number change, signaling another minute passing by...

...another minute closer to having to find a way to keep Adam away from his apartment for Christi—Him to find...

...find what exactly?

4:20

Ten minutes until it was time to clock out. Her thumb twitched as it hovered over her screen, wondering if she should reply.

But what would she even say?

She jumped out of her thoughts from a knock on top of her cubicle desk. Adam's smile was so bright, it was sickening. Why was he hovering around when he was literally going to see her in a few hou—

"So...Did you decide where to go yet?"

Oh yeah, she had forgot to even say where they were going, "Ummm... how about Gold Room?"

Adam's face scrunched up with confusion. "On a Friday?

"Tongue & Groove?" His face remained unchanged, it actually looked like it twisted more.

His reluctance didn't go without good reason. They had to go out and stay out and either of those places would send someone off the deep end on a packed night, raring to go home.

She could only think of one other place, busy enough for a good environment, but chill enough to make people want to stay. And she wanted to avoid it like the plague for specific reasons...

"...how about... Whiskey Blue?"

He raised his brows as his eyes shifted, as if contemplating the idea. "I don't think I've been there... sure."

Of course.

"Still at 7 right?" He questioned as Ky nodded in response, "Great. I'll pick you up then."

Perfect. If he has to take her home, she could definitely alert Christi—Him about when to leave if need be.

"Yeah, sure." She meekly smiled, fixing over at the time on her computer.

4:30.

"Well, looks like it's time to head out." Ni'Kya quickly grabbed her bag from the file cabinet, giving Adam one last smile before heading to the elevator. Her stomach was churning.

Why was she suddenly nervous?

The walk to her car seemed to take longer than usual, her feet feeling sluggish and weighted.