CHAPTER 9

HAPPY NEW YEAR <3

Asher's POV:

I carried her to her bed and placed her on it.

I immediately called my doctor so that he can check what happened to her. He came here in 15 minutes and after examining her, he said she was just weak due to lack of energy as she didn't had anything from morning and also the fever is because of her staying in the cold for so long.

He attached a drip of antibiotics and vitamins so she would recover and left from there suggesting it would be better to maintain her temperature using a cold cloth.

Mary suggested she would take care of her but I preferred doing it myself.

So I sat beside her when Mary brought me a bowl full of ice and a fresh face towel.

I put the cold towel dipped in the ice on her fore head and sat there looking at her who looked so fragile as a porcelain doll.

Seeing her like this made me hate myself because she is going through this because of the accusations I made yesterday when she wasn't at fault.

The fault was all mine because of my assumptions. I didn't even think about clarifying my doubts with her.

I sat there just looking at her the entire time.

Throughout the night I kept changing the towel to make her temperature cool. When I checked her temperature it was normal. So I just sat there leaning on her headboard just so I can be there if she needed something.

At some time in the morning I dossed off. When I woke up the room was empty and there was no sight of her.

Emma's POV:

I woke up with severe headache and it was at first difficult to even open my eyes but slowly I opened them.

I felt someone moving beside me and saw Asher there sitting on my bed resting his back to the headboard still in his office clothes from yesterday.

It must have been so uncomfortable seeing how he is trying to find posture in his sleep.

I tried to move my hand but the pain shot through me and saw that there was a drip attached to my hand.

I slowly got up and took the drip in my other hand and went to the bathroom to do my business and brush my teeth.

When I came back I saw him outside the bathroom door. When he saw me he left a sigh of relief and helped me to get to my bed.

I am still ashamed of myself to face him so I went back to my bed.

He sat before me and looked me in the eyes and said "Sorry" in a low tone.

I sat there looking at him with shock along with confusion because he didn't do anything wrong it wasn't his fault that he didn't know I am mute. It is totally my fault that I can't reply to him.

Seeing that I wasn't saying anything he gave out a small sigh and said "Emma I am sorry that I judged you and your assistant. He explained to me everything yesterday"

Why is Ben coming in our conversation? Then I realised what he said the previous day something about me having a boyfriend. Then it all clicked he just thought I don't want this marriage and I am being like this because of Ben.

I wanted to say that there was no need for him to be sorry. It felt so worse not able to talk and I hated myself for being mute the most at that moment seeing how bad he was feeling and I couldn't do anything about it.

I couldn't control my tears at that moment how hard I tried. I closed my eyes to try to control my pain and tears but it was in vain.

I felt his hand on my face wiping my tears and when I opened my eyes to see him there was lot of pain in his eyes.