We'll Do That Together // Stony + Peter

Dedicated to smilingxqueen I never thought I'd write a stony story, but anything for you! I hope you will like it 💙.

Dedicated to smilingxqueen  I never thought I'd write a stony story, but anything for you! I hope you will like it 💙

They were back. He couldn't believe it. He thought he would die in space, but he was back on Earth. Back home.

The entry hatch opened, and Tony walked out with the help of Nebula. And then there was Steve.  His Steve. Tony gripped Steve's arm while he was helping him stand on his feet. Steve was alive.

"Couldn't stop him," was the first thing he said. He kept his eyes on Steve. He was afraid that once he looked elsewhere, the love of his life would turn into dust too.

"Neither could I."

"I lost the kid," he said, and Steve gave him a compassionate look.

"Tony, we lost..."

"Is, uh...?" Tony struggled to ask about Pepper. He needed his best friend with him. He needed her to be alive. But before Steve could say anything, there were two hands around his neck writhing him in a hug.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!"

"It's okay," Tony said. But it wasn't.

"We should go inside," Steve murmured.

"That's probably a good idea. You need to see a doctor," Pepper agreed, helping Steve support Tony. He didn't need her help with his strength, but she wasn't going to leave Tony. She let him go that day in the park, and she still blames herself. It was a nice day. They were on a walk, and Tony was telling her about how he wanted to take his relationship with Steve to the next level. She was happy for him.

And now? He looked as if he was on the continuation of death. And he probably was. She hated that.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth," Rhodey said. The hologram in front of them alternated photos of people who had turned into dust.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures," Natasha continued.

"Where is he now? Where?"

"We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through," Steve answered.

Tony looked around. There were not many of them, and he wondered if the rest of them had turned into dust, just as Peter had in his arms.

"What's wrong with him?" he asked as he noticed Thor sitting on the bench seemingly deep in thought behind the glass door.

"Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?"

"Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear," he said, trying not to panic.