scene 133- changed

Wild was afraid that he had upset Sky. What was his obsession with that sword, anyway? Sure, he turned it into the Master Sword, and sure, there was that fy thing, but it really wasn't that impressive of a blade.

And what was this fy character? Was it the sword? Was that why Sky seemed to sometimes refer to the sword as a she?

Wild looked over at Sky, who was holding the sword. Wild's sword, not his own. He appeared to be talking to the sword. Well, no. He looked insane. Because, you know, the sword wasn't replying or anything.

Wild wanted to ask him about the sword, but he didn't want to interrupt the one-sided conversation. Would it even be considered an interruption?

He didn't want to assume that Sky was just crazy, especially based on one thing. It was entirely possible that he somehow knew the sword personally. It was entirely possible that the sword was actually talking to him. After all, Zelda had mentioned the sword saying something to her before.

Actually, now that he looked closer, Sky seemed awfully serious. And it sounded like he was talking about the sword's weakened state. And... other heroes. The ones before him, after everyone else.

Then, before Wild even decided if he'd say anything to Sky, Sky looked over and asked,
"Hey, Wild, has Fi- the sword- ever spoken to you?"
"No. Zelda told me that it spoke to her once, though."
"Ah. What did it say to her?"
"I... don't actually know."
"Oh." Sky looked back down at the sword, thinking.

He then glanced at Wild, then back at the sword. Then, he slowly said, "When you opened up that arrow wound, this Master sword started flickering. When you passed out, she stopped glowing entirely. I've never seen something like that happen."

"Wait-" Wild looked around- "it was glowing?"
Sky looked a little confused. "Yes. Why?"

Wild grabbed a shield and a bow, looking around frantically. He started muttering something to himself, notching an arrow on the bow, the shield on his arm.

He warily looked around for several minutes before sighing and putting his gear back down on the table.
"If the sword starts glowing, tell me. It only ever does that around guardians."
"That's... odd. Why would it-"
"Listen, I don't know. Why don't you figure it out yourself? You seem pretty smart when it comes to that sword. Anyway, I don't care about that thing. It's useless and stupid and annoying. And right now, I don't feel like dealing with it. So stop bothering me about it, okay?"

Wild walked away in a huff, leaving behind a taken-aback Sky.
Sky looked down at the sword, opening his mouth to ask a question. However, Fi answered before he could even speak.

He never liked me much.
I don't mind.
I understand why.

"Fi, I'm sorry. He doesn't know what he's saying, I'm sure he doesn't mean it."

That is only partly correct.
He...
He knew what he was saying.
He meant what he was saying.
But he didn't know what it meant.

"What do you mean by that?"

He dislikes the sword.
Not me.
He doesn't know me.
All he knows of the sword is failure,

loss,

and death.

"I... guess that makes sense. I never really thought about what it would be like from his side."