Chapter Thirty Three

"Thank you, Marlee," I say as she helps me prop my foot up. Kevin watches carefully as she puts a pillow under my foot in one of the small parlors.

"Any time, kiddo," she says. She ruffles my hair which I wore down today.

"Is that Marlee Tames?" Kevin asks. I nod.

"She was Marlee Tames. She got married since the last Selection. Actually she got married to Officer Woodwork, who was. . . You know. . . My father didn't allow them to be sent away. Instead, they've been working in the palace. Marlee is head maid now," I explain. He nods with clear interest.

"Well, that is very interesting," he says.

"Yeah. She was my mother's closest friend. Neither of my parents would ever allow them to be injured," I explain.

"You have an interesting story" he says. I stare at him in curiosity.

"What's your story?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I already told you. I come from a rich family. They don't support my work. I'm just focused on finding the truth and telling everyone," he says.

"Okay, but other than that. Tell me more about you," I say. He thinks for a minute.

"Well, I'm really good at telling stories to my five year old sister," he says. I smile, thinking about how cute it is.

"What kind of stories?" I ask. Kevin smiles. I rest my elbow on the back of the sofa and my head on my hand.

"Princess stories. But not princesses like you. The ones who have magical powers or dance around in the woods and sing in order to find their princess," he explains.

"Will you tell me one?" I ask. He nods and thinks for a moment.

"My sister's favorite is Rapunzel. She was locked up in a tower when she was young. Her hair grew so long that it would reach the ground when she threw it out the window. One day, a man came and yell 'Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!' So, she did. He saved her and took her to the palace where she inherited her throne as princess," he says.

"I've never heard that one," I say. He smiles.

"Fairy tales have always been a favorite for me. I could tell you another one," he offers. I smile and I feel like a little kid asking their parents for another story before bedtime.

"Please do," I say. He tells me stories that I've never heard if before. Ones with people who are half men half goat, ones with dragons who must be slayed to win a damsel, and others with boys who live forever. I fall in love with the stories and sit patiently as he tries to think of new ones.

"Thank you," I say when he is finished. He moves down closer to me and plants his lips on mine. I fall into the kiss. It's different than both Flynn's and Ethan's.

"Your welcome," he says after pulling back.
A storyline was requested for Kevin so it was received. I have had his story planned out from the beginning. I just need one for Blake now. If you have any ideas please tell me. Now, if you'll excuse me, the last 24 pages of The Blood of Olympus are sitting across the room calling my name. Comments and votes please!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.