*- 44 - I think good riddance

We were sitting at breakfast and I was mentally preparing myself for Potions with Slytherin. Potions had become one of my least favourite courses and now with the Slytherins, that feeling would not improve. I didn't have anything against the majority of the house, but there were a few that poisoned the entire lot, making you dread having to spend a class with them, knowing that there would be mean remarks.

I remembered the situation I had last year with a particular Slytherin girl. How she called me names and talked about my dead parents, before Cedric interrupted. He didn't even know me back then and yet he stood up for me. He was such a good person. I swallowed and shook away the thought. I was sure that not all Slytherins were like her, but due to that one encounter, I couldn't help but being a little on edge around them. Harry's stories about Draco Malfoy didn't help either. I tried to go to class with a neutral mindset, but that wasn't particularly easy. Gryffindor and Slytherin never really got along.

I walked to class on my own, because the twins and Lee had been gone during lunch for some "pranking business" and Angelina and Alicia went to the library. I hung out with Hermione and Ginny for a bit, but because they were in a complete other year than me, they were not in my class. The girl who was in my class was Aisley Crow, the girl who had not been so nice to me last year. I learned her name last year when I heard Snape award her points for Slytherin house when she had caught a second-year studying past curfew and reported it. The student was a Gryffindor of course. The fact that she was out past curfew too must have "slipped Snape's mind". I had learned to never argue with the man. It had in no way a good outcome.

I cursed internally when her eyes found mine. I had been staring at her, thinking back to last year. I should not have done that.

"Well well, Y/N Y/LN, we meet again." She started walking up to me, a friend of her with her. "No Diggory here to protect you now. Such a shame that he's dead, don't you think? Hmm... I think good riddance."

I bit my tongue and forced myself to ignore her. Last time I let her get into my head and that wouldn't have ended well if it weren't for Cedric.

"I hear you're dating Weasley now. He's quite cute isn't he?" she followed. It took me all my will power not to glare at her. I didn't trust this girl at all. She'd better stay far away from Fred.

"He deserves way better, I think." She winked at me and then skipped away. I took a couple of deep breaths and still tried to get her out of my head. If any other person would have said that, I would have brushed it off as a nasty comment, but Aisley always had something up her sleeve. She was not coming between Fred and I. I took another breath and shook my head. I trusted Fred. He knew what happened last year, he hated Slytherins and he loved me. He would never fall for her tricks.

I walked in and tried to keep an eye on Aisley, just in case. She was talking to Snape, probably ratting out someone else for her own sake. The twins came in laughing and Snape shot them an icy glare. He nodded at Aisley and then she turned around, laughing pleased, her eyes scanning the room. They landed on the twins, so I quickly made my way over there. Maybe I was a bit paranoid, but I couldn't help it. She was not getting my man.

"Hey", Fred said and winked at me. Any sort of physical contact was forbidden and punished with detention, so I just smiled at him and greeted him back. Aisley didn't approach the twins, so I cheered on the inside. I doubted if she could even tell them apart.

"Let's see", Snape started and scanned the room. "Johnson with Pucey, first row on the left. Y/L/N with Warrington, second row in the middle. George Weasley with Montague, first row on the right. Fred Weasley with Crow, last row on the left." I cursed under my breath. He had to be joking. The odds were too small for this to be a coincidence. I would bet all my money on Aisley setting this up. That was probably what she was discussing with Snape earlier.