Chapter 37 - Scorpius

Kissing Rose, in the state that I was in, was a thoroughly foolish idea. I knew that. But I had never been one to think clearly in anything involving Rose Granger-Weasley, and the way she said anything you want like she really meant anything was impossible to resist. So I kissed her.

She responded to my touch more quickly than she ever had before, and it was clear from her body language and the way she kissed me back that she was completely willing to give me far more than a kiss. Oh, fuck it.

For the most part, I had always been very gentle with Rose, because Rose wasn't like other girls. Rose was more than an attempt to distract myself. Rose wasn't someone I fucked for the sake of fucking. Rose was someone I made love to. Someone who I really, truly loved. That thought had always kept me from losing myself to the more basic animal instincts of the thing.

But that night, I wasn't really thinking. I was consumed by the desperation to assure myself that I still felt the same way about Rose as I always had, and therefore not thinking about holding myself back. I may have gone a little crazy...

• • •

"Scorpius? What time is it?"

I blinked at the drowsy voice, which greeted me in very close proximity, and quickly realized that we had fallen asleep on the sofa. I glanced down for my watch, but remembered I had left it at home. "No idea," I mumbled, sitting up to look around. Then I immediately looked down, blushing. Rose hadn't put her shirt on, and the numerous hickeys on her chest and neck were a reminder of the tomfoolery we'd gotten up to before falling asleep.

"Oh, don't act all bashful, you silly boy," Rose laughed.

I blushed harder, but forced myself to look back up at her. Her hair was rather a mess, but I tried to brush it out of her face. "You okay? I think I got a little carried away last night."

The redhead smiled. "I'm perfectly fine, although I must admit I'm not certain I'll be able to walk normally."

I wince. "Sorry."

"Don't be. Last night was wonderful, Scorpius. Well worth a bit of limping." She stared into my eyes as she said it, a little too adoringly for my taste in the moment. "Though you were a horrid tease," she added dryly. "Took you long enough to get around to the thing itself."

"I couldn't help teasing; you were simply too desperate to let the chance go."

Leaning forward, Rose kissed me, right on the mouth. "I simply adore you, darling. Shall we venture upstairs?"

I chuckled. "Yeah... although, I would recommend putting on either a scarf or a turtleneck if you're intending to see your parents."

She laughed merrily. "Yes, I suppose I'd rather not deal with their questions. Although, Mum will know I never came to bed... she probably had to get up for Willow at some point."

I tried not to wince. Her mother would know; there was no stopping it. I wished she didn't have to... "Let's just hope she doesn't mention it to your dad," I said dryly.

"Now that would really be a disaster," Rose giggled. "Well, I'm going to go up to my room. You're welcome to go home, unless you fancy staying for breakfast."

"Quite impossible, I'm afraid. Wouldn't want to arouse your father's suspicions. Shall I drop by later?"

The redhead shrugged. "You needn't unless you wish to. Why don't you take the night off? You've been spending a great deal of time here, and I suppose I don't need you. Although..." - she placed her hands on my bare chest and leaned close, making my breath hitch in my throat - "wanting you is something else altogether." Her lips brushed my cheek, and then she got up from the sofa and began to collect her discarded clothes.